AMP Annealer Upgrade

Korhil78

It looks like if you do the sort mode and get them sorted, you will have to sacrifice a case for each batch to find the exact temperature for each batch.

parshal

If they vary widely, yes. I think the point of sorting a batch of brass is to find one that represents most of the brass in the batch.

I have batches that have different neck thickness. I'll have to sacrifice one case in each of those batches like you say.

Korhil78

I just got my AMP annealer this week. Havnt even used it yet but I am thinking about getting the AZTEC upgrade because I shoot a 6.5 Sherman.

parshal

I'm dying for the upgrade. I just got 200 Bertram 7 SAUM cases and don't want to send in that brass for testing. Hurry up AMP!!!

dok7mm

There was a short video at SHOT. If I remember correctly, they showed the sorting of a batch of cases, separating cases in a tray after a short time in the AMP. I believe the unit showed a program for each case. Should be no sacrificed case other than initial case. That's my guess.

parshal

Actually, IIRC, the AMP showed how each case compared to the average of the cases you're sorting. There were vertical lines to the left/right of center indicating how far off it was from the average. You'd pick one of the cases to test that was right in the center of your batch.

On edit, here's that video.