AMP Annealer Setting

curtiscd

Is anyone using an AMP annealing machine to anneal ADG brass? I have a batch of 338 Edge brass that is in need of treatment, but AMP doesn't list any ADG brass at all. Thank you in advance

If you have the Aztec upgrade, just sacrifice a case. If not, you can send some brass to Alex for testing.

One other option would be to send the brass and correct pilot to an Aztec user for finding the correct code. I'm not sure if your Amp unit would recognize a Aztec code. Just call Alex for his opinion. Great CS.

I used 300wm ADG brass and got code thru Aztec.

I don't have the Aztec upgrade so I had full intentions of sending them 1 or 2 pieces of brass to test. Their test form says they require 6 pieces of brass, and I'm having a hard time letting that many go honestly.

Yeah, that's a bummer. The upgrade is worth it, when it comes to lots of calibers and different lots of brass.

I hope ADG doesn't get mad at me for posting this...I have a new AMP Mark II as well and I couldn't find a setting. Before sacrificing a piece of my .300wm and .308win brass, I emailed ADG to see if they had done any testing with the AMP/Aztec.

They hadn't and didn't have the settings, but they sent me some brass they had in the shop, complete with lot # information, for both cartridges! Only stipulation was that I relay the Aztec code back to them. They are different lots than the brass I had, but it was such a nice gesture on their part that I am going to sacrifice a piece from my own lots as well and relay all the info back. ADG is a great group of guys!

Now if I could just get some time to load some dummy rounds, fire form, and then run through the Aztec program...but hey, at least I'm spending time hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.