AMP Annealer....anyone have an opinion?

An annealer is on my near future to-do list so my interest is piqued and I do like the idea of an annealing machine without the use of a torch...

I like the preciseness of the AMP Annealer but it does look like it might be a little time consuming and with the price being nearly doubled of most annealers I've researched I'd definitely have to get up close and personal with it or read several reviews prior to making a decision on one.

The annealing machine I'm keeping my eye on at the moment is Giraud's Annealer with Fluxeon Induction Heater, but I've yet to see a price on that one so it may very well be double the price of most torch annealer as well.

GTC Home

I might be wrong and usually am but I thought I saw $995 on the price. I guess I will have to stick with my annealer. Cant afford that.

Yes, sorry if I was unclear. I was comparing both pieces needed for the Giraud induction annealer which would put it close to $1000 to the AMP which would also be around $1000.

The AMP web site's claim that the positioning of the case to with-in millimeters to achieve induction annealing consistency is interesting.

I currently have an Fluxeon Annie on order and hope to use it manually to avoid the extra $500+ for the Giraud auto feed machine and all the various additional parts I would need to anneal multiple cartridges. I figured with its timer good to 0.1 seconds, the Annie would be repeatable like the Giraud or other mechanical feed system for flame annealing. It sounds like I might need to make some simple jig to help position cases fairly consistently with the Annie.

Thanks for posting the information on the AMP. Even if I've already committed to a different path the information looks worth considering as I go forward.

Price of admission is pretty darn high IMO. I'll stick with my conventional Annealeze machine. I agree, with induction annealing, controlability is better but I can do allright with a propane torch and adjustabe dwell time.

Doug Giraud produces some nice stuff and it ain't cheap either. You can buy a boatload of new brass for a grand.

The AMP web site's claim that the positioning of the case to with-in millimeters to achieve induction annealing consistency is interesting.

I currently have an Fluxeon Annie on order and hope to use it manually to avoid the extra $500+ for the Giraud auto feed machine and all the various additional parts I would need to anneal multiple cartridges. I figured with its timer good to 0.1 seconds, the Annie would be repeatable like the Giraud or other mechanical feed system for flame annealing. It sounds like I might need to make some simple jig to help position cases fairly consistently with the Annie.

Thanks for posting the information on the AMP. Even if I've already committed to a different path the information looks worth considering as I go forward.

I have a Giraud annealer. Like it very much. Giraud has been playing with the Annie for some time now. I am on the list to call if they ever get it working right and solve their supply problems.

Volume is where the Giraud comes into its own. Most of the annealers require you to handle each piece of brass individually. With the Giraud you just get the unit set up and stack all the brass in there and turn it on. You can watch it if you want or get set up for the next step while all your brass is annealed.

I know my settings now but what I do is paint 3 cases with templaq and watch them run through to check my settings. After that you are good to go.

It is so easy I have gone to 3 firings and anneal.

I have a Giraud annealer. Like it very much. Giraud has been playing with the Annie for some time now. I am on the list to call if they ever get it working right and solve their supply problems.

Volume is where the Giraud comes into its own. Most of the annealers require you to handle each piece of brass individually. With the Giraud you just get the unit set up and stack all the brass in there and turn it on. You can watch it if you want or get set up for the next step while all your brass is annealed.

I know my settings now but what I do is paint 3 cases with templaq and watch them run through to check my settings. After that you are good to go.

It is so easy I have gone to 3 firings and anneal.

..................The Annealeze is pretty much a clone of the Giraud. Same principle, I call it the 'cattle chute' principle' where you herd the cattle (brass) into a squeeze chute and anneal one at a time. Annealeze is timed like the Giraud so you can record the swell of the case in the flame but unlike the Giraud, there is no pending induction annealing option. best part is, the Annealeze is HALF the price of the Giraud.

..................The Annealeze is pretty much a clone of the Giraud. Same principle, I call it the 'cattle chute' principle' where you herd the cattle (brass) into a squeeze chute and anneal one at a time. Annealeze is timed like the Giraud so you can record the swell of the case in the flame but unlike the Giraud, there is no pending induction annealing option. best part is, the Annealeze is HALF the price of the Giraud.

I like that annealeze. Never heard of it before. Looked at a lot of systems before I bought my Giraud. I would purchase the annealeze if I didn't already have a Giraud.

It's the same principle, not quite the capacity (to be annealed shells) as the Giraud but about half the price too.

It's goof to have competition. That keeps prices down and quality high.

Don't believe you could adapt and induction unit, but that is ok with me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts