ammo

dirtyd

i just had recieved a loewe berlin 1890 rifle. i do not know much about that type. what ammo does it take and does any one have it in stock. my son found it at a flea market in missouri. was wondering if it is shootable or should i have it checked by my gunsmith store first. thanks . DD.

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/i-hav...e-name-loewe-berlin-1890-on-t...-8348433.html

may be of some help to you.....

remember there are two versions of the 8mm mauser cartridge. The original had corrosive priming, cordite powder, and a 210 ish grain silver colored (in my brother's example) full patch round nose with a .318" diameter. The more modern version was a 150 ish grain spitzer fmj loaded with normal powder at higher pressure. That usually is called the js version.
I'd have a gunsmith give it a once over before I pulll the trigger on that one.

I agree...Have a pro go through it to make sure everything is on the up & up before you risk turning that thing into a ticking time bomb... It's always better safe than sorry.

I agree...Have a pro go through it to make sure everything is on the up & up before you risk turning that thing into a ticking time bomb... It's always better safe than sorry.

The real trouble with our toys is we really only get one tick if something isn't right.:cool: I really don't like parts seperating from my face when I pull the trigger; I suspect you don't either.

The real trouble with our toys is we really only get one tick if something isn't right.:cool: I really don't like parts seperating from my face when I pull the trigger; I suspect you don't either.

Oh come on man...It's all the rage! Everybody's doin it! :D

To answer your question, I definitely don't care much for parts of my face getting ripped off by hot chunks of metal. As a metal fabricator by trade, I've been disfigured enough over the years by heat and steel. Definitely don't want my face ripped off from it. LOL

3 years ago I built an MG42 sub gun for a friend that takes the same round. They are available in both linked (continuous) and loose (or were prior to Obama's latest onslaught). I'd stick with the earlier rounds as mosern rounds are too high pressure for an old gun (after a qualified smith looks it over, that is).

I suspect there will be a pile available at Camp Perry in July.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.