ammo should I use for a Remington 700 sps 308 tactical

cjmousseau

:) What ammo should I use for a Remington 700 sps tactical 308 BBL black synthetic stck scope is 10X40X50mm has a harris bipod and a tactical sling and a Buttstock Shell Holdergun)

Mine seems to like SMK 168 gr. But I did manage to squeeze out a 10 round group last weekend with some SMK 175'S that was just over 1 moa. The first 2 shots pulled to the right about 3/8" or would have been sub MOA. That's the first time I've ever shot a satisfactory group with anything other than the 168's.

Morning, black hills is superb ammo. depending on ur twist
of ur barrel. black hills is used my the military. justme gbot tum

I have a 700adl Varmint that i cut down to 20". It shoots tye 165gr Gameking and 168gr SMK's equally well. It also favors the 180gr SST with equal accuracy. All three are over Reloader 15.

Factory ammo then try some Hornady 168 AMAX, Black Hills 168s and Fed 168s. You should find one of them to work very well. If you were shooting out past 500 yards I would advise you to go with a heavier bullet in the 175/178 range or a 155 as both work better than the 168 at longer ranges.

Couldn't let it get to a full decade. They're really stinky after the 10-yr mark.

I actually think the smell would be gone by the 10 year mark. Maximum ripeness would be inside the first year depending on the humidity within the environment

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.