Ammo Shortage to last?

NielsC

I just spoke with someone who is very knowledgeable about the ammo shortage. What he explained to me was quite worrisome, especially because I average a thousand rounds a month in various calibers. Fearful and new shooters have wiped out inventory.
The most difficult component to find will be primers and assembled cartridges. Cases are plentiful but quality projectiles are another matter for long range shooters. One factor he mentioned was the U.S. Military just placed a large order that is priority and there are some problems with the collapse of Remington.
I guess the situation with powder is the ports are closed so the raw product is not inbound. Once they are cleared too ship it takes 3 months to arrive.
All over a virus with 99.97% survival rate? I pray that is the only reason. Let me know what you think.

C, during the Nobama administration the primers were going for crazy money if even available. Today I'm seeing everything difficult but not impossible to find. Perhaps too many stocking up and the prospect of the next administration restricting the supply. Some with foresight built their stocks months ago and currently purchase components they know they'll use as they are available. Shooting thousands of rounds a month may be extremely difficult with today's availability or at least be very expensive due to prices increasing almost daily.

You shoot thousands of rounds a month?! You are just as big of a problem to people looking for ammo as the hoarders. 😂😂😂
Just kidding man, fire away!
My shooting has come to a screeching halt. I am afraid if this continues we will be training like the turd Worlders, with sticks. " There are no Conspiracies. there are no Coincidences." Andrew Breitbart.

Spoke to the owner of our LGS and he was told by all of his suppliers that it was possibly going to be june of next year before any normal resupply shipments would be available. When the delivery truck shows up on weds mornings, do not get in the way of the mob trying to get in the door! I watched a physical altercation happen over 2 boxes of 17 HMR at the local walmart last week.

Federal has already come out to say they have over a billion $ worth of back orders for ammo and supplies (including primers)-- they stayed that their current back log is just slightly over a years worth of normal orders-- I think it will be 2-3 years before it calms down unless the Biden admin starts going crazy with gun controll

Place your back orders and wait-- that's what I did during the obummer years-- sometimes took 9 months to get primers back then if you didn't want to pay scalpers prices. Ports are not closed.

Its not really new-- it happened during Clinton's years with the federal assault rifle ban too. Its the way of the world for now anyway.

Last edited:
Dang. Post pictures of the calluses on your cheek, finger and shoulder!
And.... if you weren't prepared in advance, you're scrød for a while.

Federal has already come out to say they have over a billion $ worth of back orders for ammo and supplies (including primers)-- they stayed that their current back log is just slightly over a years worth of normal orders-- I think it will be 2-3 years before it calms down unless the Biden admin starts going crazy with gun controll

Place your back orders and wait-- that's what I did during the obummer years-- sometimes took 9 months to get primers back then if you didn't want to pay scalpers prices

Its not really new-- it happened during Clinton's years with the federal assault rifle ban too. Its the way of the world for now anyway.
Is anyone taking backorders on primers or powder?

I put in a request at two independent shops. They let you have half a brick at a time. It seems to be working. I've gotten called 3 times this year.

So a buddy of mine informed me today that he was at a gun show (I think) and folks were selling primers for over $500 dollars for a brick. Despicable

Found 2000 215M and 2500 BR2 today at 55 dollars a thousand I was passing through a small town and stopped at a little gun shop They also had varget h-4350 and some reloder powders they still had several bricks of winchester primers and remington I left those so I would not be a total hoarder