Ammo on airlines

last time I flew Alaska airlines they wanted all ammo in factory boxes so the caliber and quantity was noted on the box---so I put my reloads in a factory cardboard box rather than the normal plastic boxes i usually use--not sure if its really a regulation or not, just want to make it go as smooth as possible so I try to abide by all the airlines rules no matter how ridiculous they sound

Get some Avery Labels and make up a name. List the caliber and bullet weight. Stick these on the plain white cardboard cartridge boxes available from MidwayUSA, I use the 20 round boxes when traveling.

I made up the following labels going to RSA:
El Crappo Brand
.30-06 Springfield, 180 Gr Nosler Partitions
Winchester brass, CCI primers
Kudu Crushers

Went through RSA Customs and their Police registration without issue.

Made the same labels up for Norther Quebec near the arctic circle, except those were Caribou Crushers

Good luck

Jerry

last time I flew Alaska airlines they wanted all ammo in factory boxes so the caliber and quantity was noted on the box---so I put my reloads in a factory cardboard box rather than the normal plastic boxes i usually use--not sure if its really a regulation or not, just want to make it go as smooth as possible so I try to abide by all the airlines rules no matter how ridiculous they sound
I asked. It definitely is a regulation. It says something like fiber containers. There is also a weight limit. I think it's 11 lbs. you will need to check both faa regulations and the regulations if the airline your flying w.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.