• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ammo/Brass Added - Full Custom Borden Alpine Mag 300WSM - with or without Swaro Z6 3-18x50 and Alas Bipod

One Hole

Original buyer, built in 2008, less than 100 rounds fired. See attached build sheet. Rifle was ordered with custom load development by Borden for sub-.5 MOA rounds. 100 accurate big game hunting rounds were also purchased from Borden. These have 168 Barnes TTSX bullets and I still have 12 live rounds and 84 Winchester brass left. The brass and MTM box shown will go with the rifle and if we can figure out a way to get the buyer the live rounds they will be included too. Or I could run them thru the rifle and include the brass. These are the only hand loads that have ever been fired in the rifle. T

Rifle was built with extended Wyatt magazine and cycles everything I have shot smoothly. A chamber gauge (piece of barrel blank milled with same reamer as rifle chamber), 3 dummy rounds and a Lucas bore guide are included. Talley rings were installed, lapped and scope mounted by Borden.

All original documentation is included (build specs, invoice, chamber info, sub .5MOA load data, rifle specific reloading recommendations, cleaning instructions, scope ballistics chart for hunting load, scope documentation...)

This was a bead-blasted, stainless rifle that I later had professionally moly-resin coated matte black to reduce glare. There are some very minor dings in the coating at a few places but you have to look pretty close. Scope has BR recticle and some very minor dings in finish but glass has no visible defects. Stock has been professionally dipped in STON camo. I also had a short tact rail professionally installed in the lower fore-end for a quick-release, bi-pod mount. This tact rail has a sling stud and is removable with 2 screws.

Rifle weighs 7lb, 13oz with scope, unloaded and without bi-pod on my Berkley Tournament Series fish scale. From Swaro datasheet scope weights 21oz so rifle without scope should weigh 6lbs, 8oz. Very mild recoil with the Borden muzzle brake.

If you would like to contact a gunsmith or FFL near me (zip 84847) to confirm the condition I would be willing to take it there.

I am asking:
- $4500 for rifle, ammo/brass described above, chamber gauge, boreguide, scope, rings, swaro bikini caps, Accu-Shot Atlas Bipod BT46-LW17 PSR with ADM 170-S Lever and documentation plus shipping, insurance and any FFL fees on buyer's end (I will cover FFL on my end).

- $3000 for rifle, ammo/brass described above, rings, chamber gauge, boreguide, rifle documentation plus shipping, insurance and any FFL fees on buyer's end (I will cover FFL on my end).

Not interested in trades.

I have a Browning 5115 Gun Vault (Pelican 1570) I would sell for an additional $150. This a bomb proof hard case with casters and airline vent that the rifle and accessories fit nicely in but it is quite heavy.

KIMG1122.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG1108.JPG
    KIMG1108.JPG
    879.1 KB · Views: 204
  • KIMG1117.JPG
    KIMG1117.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 197
  • KIMG1118.JPG
    KIMG1118.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
  • KIMG1119.JPG
    KIMG1119.JPG
    706.3 KB · Views: 185
  • KIMG1128.JPG
    KIMG1128.JPG
    856.4 KB · Views: 207
  • KIMG1194.JPG
    KIMG1194.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 218
  • KIMG1195.JPG
    KIMG1195.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 197
  • KIMG1200.JPG
    KIMG1200.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 209
  • KIMG1456[1].JPG
    KIMG1456[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Very nice rig!! Jim builds nice stuff. Have had alot of his actions through the years! Good luck on the sale.

I basically have the twin to this rifle. Best shooting gun I own. Elk have been no match for it. Someone's gonna be happy. GLWS.

One thing that really impresses me with this rifle is its shootability. I am not and have never been a great rifle shot but I can shoot sub-1MOA groups with it at will. The last few years I have been participating in a depredation deer hunt where I take folks to harvest a doe on a specific ranch. Most of these are young but legal hunters. Last year, we went 9 for 9 with one shot kills at 80 - 210 yds. 8 of these hunters had never shot a deer before and used this rifle. After a little bit of instruction and a couple of practice shots at the range they were able to make great shots and harvest their first deer. It's amazing how easy it is to shoot accurately.