Ammo boxes

Brett Bracken

Up until recently I have been using the Plano hinged top ammo boxes (50 rnds) for my 300 WM reloads. I need to get some more but for some reason I can't find the right size anymore. Does anyone have some recommendations for another brand. I'm also going to need some for 300 Norma Magnum in the near future as well.

tvarden,

Thanks for the suggestion...I will give them a try. The MTM's didn't work for me. If you seat your bullets long you can't get the lids to close.

Hmmm.... Are you placing them tip up? I would think that they should fit tip down in the magnum MTM case.
^^THIS

1611159982953.png

Yes, but the round pictured is not a magnum case and would fit poorly. The Mag cases in the back rows do not appear to be deep enough to touch the bottom. I have only used short mag loads in the MTM mag boxes but with very long bullets and they have plenty of bottom clearance. However, a .300 WM case would be a bit longer than those I use. The meplat touching the bottom of the case would definitely be pas bon!

The MTM RF22 will hold 22 Rounds Tip Up
The R-50 does not work Tip Up or Down
The H-50 works Tip Down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
tvarden,

Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered 8 boxes from Berry's and received them over the weekend. Great service. They are perfect and very well made. Thanks again for the tip.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.