• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ammo and shot shell situation, PNW.

Havoc

I'm in the process of moving to the inland PNW and was curious about the ammo situation. I work at a gun/waterfowl shop now and have access to a lot of ammunition.
I know the passed couple years have been bad and I have a decent amount, I'm just trying to figure out the ammo situation before I head up In case I need to buy more.

Thanks

it you think you will need in the next year or two I would suggest you get it if you can without getting soaked cost wise...

Is there a location in the USA where there is no shortage of ammo or components?
Whatever I plan on staying where I am!

Is there a location in the USA where there is no shortage of ammo or components?
Whatever I plan on staying where I am!
my basement I suppose... I'm only buying oddball stuff lately as I've had a lot of pills on the shelf for 10 years or better. Heck, some of my primers I've loaded in the last year were on sale for $1 a box and I've still got $14 a box Sierra 7mm 140gr pro hunters; my kid has been tossing them from his 7rem into deer the last couple years...

Buy everything you can is my suggestion. It's better here than some places but not great that's for sure.

Thanks. I work in a waterfowl shop and have 20 gauge steel, but 12G is lacking except steel #6. I have lots of rifle ammo. Maybe I should grab a couple more cases of handgun ammo while I'm still here

I would. Now depending on what pnw state your in and what side of that state you moving too will also play a factor.

I would. Now depending on what pnw state your in and what side of that state you moving too will also play a factor.
Moving to Post Falls. I was there in August and went to a couple store in WA and ID and it was slim pickins. Guess I'll buy a few more today.

Moving to Post Falls. I was there in August and went to a couple store in WA and ID and it was slim pickins. Guess I'll buy a few more today.
Very nice area.

As others have said, buy what you can when you can. Plenty of competition in that part of Idaho/Washington for shooting related items. Eastern Washington is nothing like gun hating Seattle.

Expect to see a lot of Californian license plates… unfortunately they're not just visiting, they're staying.

Very nice area.

As others have said, buy what you can when you can. Plenty of competition in that part of Idaho/Washington for shooting related items. Eastern Washington is nothing like gun hating Seattle.

Expect to see a lot of Californian license plates… unfortunately they're not just visiting, they're staying.

Yeah. I'm one of the Californians that coming to stay. Hopefully most of not all respect conservative values.

I think most Californians moving here (Idaho) are actually like you and lean conservative. I'm down in Southern Idaho (Boise).

I questioned if my humor was appropriate as soon as I posted. :)
Humor no matter how dark is alway appreciated.