Ammo and reloading stuff gone again due to virus scare

dgr416

Here in Ga the ammo and guns are sold out and the reloading stuff too .I think this shortage will last a while. I JUST bought two new scopes nikon 6x24x50 Nikon's to shoot long range with now ranges are closed and I see think it will be a while before ammo and guns are normal again .There are some states talking about this is a good time to collect guns from the law abiding citizens using national guard too I hope not .There have been tons of criminals released early so protect your family and stay safe .Tons of prayers for everyone on here shd their family and friends and this whole country and President Trump fighting this virus like the war it is !

I'm in Ga, my nearest gunstore had ammo. Just about the same amount he normally has. Lots of the usual suspects online are out but others still have it, at normal prices even. Actually I just got an instock notice from one this morning for six's carry ammo I had been looking for to rotate her old stuff out just like every spring and picked some up.

I'd say city types panicked and made a run on the city gunstores/walmarts/etc but get away from the city it's still pretty normal. Heck my grocery store is even fully stocked minus TP, which is a stark contrast to the grocery store nearest my office which still looks empty.

Yeah it depends on where
You are at for sure .My Parents are 30 miles north of Atlanta and with walmart not selling ammo and dicks out and the range I usually get brass at burned down the few places to get ammo got wiped out quick by tons of people quick. There are around 4.5 million people where my parents live .Where I live at my cabin in the mountains the ammo is gone too only 20000 people there but poof it went quick .Its going to take a while for the county to get over the impact of this. I talked to several gun stores in South Carolina before this happened that were about to go under from lack of sales before this happened. I bought alot of stuff before this happened over the years during wonderful Obama shortages .There is no way you can buy up everything you ever needed you would go broke doing that like a friend of mine did. Time will tell what happening I just hope and pray people gets better and everyone stays safe .

Shooters Columbus today.
739A156E-E6B0-4607-BDE4-BF087544CE77.jpeg

Also, Buds gun shop online seems to have dang near everything.

I agree it's a regional thing. I'll check our local (suburban) gun shop tomorrow and see what he has on hand. He probably won't have Varget but I'll bet he has some IMR 4350 or 4831, which are always useful to me. Got 3/4 lb., of Unique on hand - great for the .357. I should be able to make something go "Bang" for a while with what I got on hand - thankfully.

Got an email from Bud's today stating they have a great inventory of both weapons and ammo. They say this because they have their own 500,000 sq ft warehouse full. Most other sellers have to go through other middle men to pass on their product. Can't say Bud's is the cheapest but it is a place to check out if you are that low of your own.

Got an email from Bud's today stating they have a great inventory of both weapons and ammo. They say this because they have their own 500,000 sq ft warehouse full. Most other sellers have to go through other middle men to pass on their product. Can't say Bud's is the cheapest but it is a place to check out if you are that low of your own.
I bought 500 rounds of 9mm 115 FMJs this morning for $30/100. Not bad.

I have been on the phone with various companies that sell powder regarding my orders of H50BMG and other items and asked about Retumbo. They laughed when I mentioned it. I am thinking we probably wont see Retumbo for another two years or so. I really hope I am wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.