Amazon Borescope....Is this for real?

On my Windows 10 laptop,I plug in the Teslong cable into my usb port on my computer.Then I go to the Window symbol on the bottom left of my screen.Scroll to camera and click on camera and you should be able to get it to work from there.On the top left of your screen,click on the setting if you need to do anything to make it work.
I have the WiFi version. If I plug it in straight into the USB I can no turn the LED on. It works great on iPhone

You probably have to go into your computer settings and go to network add the device like your adding a printer or bluetooth devices.

I have reviewed and tested just about every Teslong camera made. I think I have gotten 4-5 different borescopes from them from the flexible ones to the ridged ones.

This is the current one I use almost daily.

The trick to getting good picture with them is moving the mirror in and out with the threaded end and lock collar.

I've used these too and have several gathering dust. These need your phone or a computer to run.

Non-ridged scope.
And the ridged one.

I'm not a fan of the non-ridged ones and to me adding an app to your phone is kinda a pain when for a few more bucks you can get the screened version. I've had issues with a few other companies apps not working, but Teslongs apps worked fine last time I used it.

I also have one of these which actually works good for anything in that 8.5mm and up range.

They send a 90 degree mirror with that one too.

Overall for the money they are hard to beat. Short of an optical scope, this is about the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
I found out that too,adjusting the mirror gives a clearer picture
Screwing the mirror in/out is the actual focusing adjustment, as it changes the effective focal length of the lens.

I find that the same setting for 6.5-7.62 bores works sufficiently well (because I'm that lazy), but same setting used for smaller bores results in out of focus image.

Screwing the mirror in/out is the actual focusing adjustment, as it changes the effective focal length of the lens.

I find that the same setting for 6.5-7.62 bores works sufficiently well (because I'm that lazy), but same setting used for smaller bores results in out of focus image.
I get great pictures on iPhone and iPad. Tried the focus adjustments in a 22-250 and a 308. Works great. I am just trying to figure out how to use it on PC computer. I get the camera to work but can't get the LED turned on if plugged in PC.

I get great pictures on iPhone and iPad. Tried the focus adjustments in a 22-250 and a 308. Works great. I am just trying to figure out how to use it on PC computer. I get the camera to work but can't get the LED turned on if plugged in PC.
Not trying to be lazy just current. What unit are you using with you iPhone and iPad? I also have a Macbook Air that just has Thunderbolt connectors but I do have an adaptor unit with all kind of hookups but no lighting. Sounds like you are using a WiFi setup but I would rather have USB I think. What the real deal. Tkx

Not trying to be lazy just current. What unit are you using with you iPhone and iPad? I also have a Macbook Air that just has Thunderbolt connectors but I do have an adaptor unit with all kind of hookups but no lighting. Sounds like you are using a WiFi setup but I would rather have USB I think. What the real deal. Tkx
I have the WiFi NTG150W model. On Amazon it says you should be able to use it on PC and MacOS with WiFi, but have not figured that out. For now I'll just use it on iPhone/iPad.

I am just trying to learn. I just cleaned up my rifle that had a lot of copper fouling. This is a picture after. Do I need to keep going with carbon remover or is this good now?

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 65
I am just trying to learn. I just cleaned up my rifle that had a lot of copper fouling. This is a picture after. Do I need to keep going with carbon remover or is this good now?
From what I see there is no carbon left on the lands. While there may be some down in the grooves, the bullet shouldn't be touching it at all. I personally wouldn't risk potential damage to the bore by trying to scrub the grooves shiny.

From what I see there is no carbon left on the lands. While there may be some down in the grooves, the bullet shouldn't be touching it at all. I personally wouldn't risk potential damage to the bore by trying to scrub the grooves shiny.
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time. Scope is new to me and I am trying to learn. I didn't realize it until you just said it. The carbon is in the grooves!

Looking at Amazon, I see what looks like good quality bore images for $50.....Am I being duped?

Borescope on Amazon
Turns out the best tool I've ever added to my cleaning regiment. Until I got the Teslong I don't think I ever had a clean barrel.

or this one:

Borescope option #2

Have you bought an iPhone based Borescope that you were happy with for around $50?