Amazon Borescope....Is this for real?

FYI, I own an endoscope/bore scope with 5mm camera body bought on Amazon - brand is Depstech.

I bought it last year instead of Teslong as the Depstech had the wifi option (very useful away from home for gun shows and used rifle dealers) and it got good reviews. I paid $33 but it is no longer available:

The new Depstech is $58 ... has anyone tried this?

My local friend has a Teslong and it has better video quality than the Depstech I own.

Sounds like Teslong finally has a wifi version that worked well. It runs $75:

I would love to hear more about others' experiences on the wifi options.

This site is directly responsible for my laying out the $50 for the Teslong USB version--this site costs me money! Works on PC/Mac/Android. I went this route in order to have foolproof connectivity via direct cable without ever having to deal with sync issues, as well as larger screen on my laptop.

Here is a recent video I posted, to give you a sense of the quality. I've been impressed.
But note: you WILL become a barrel hypochondriac once you get one--you have been warned.

This warning should be in bold on every one sold! 👍

I thought my "premium" barrels had imperfections until I saw someone's pictures of their factory barrels with bad chatter marks all through the rifling--looked like sawteeth. Then I felt better.

It takes a while to calibrate yourself on what's not worth fretting over--since there is no such thing as flawless.

I have had a Hawkeye for yrs and love it, but since buying a Teslong, I have not brought it out. Setup time with the Teslong minimal, plus if you drop it, not out much. Plus I can start at the breech and view the whole barrel w/o switching ends.
Once I got a suitable app that keeps working, I love it, recommend to all. Just never over think things, or you will be painting ceramic squirrels in a nut house somewhere.

For those who own or are considering the Teslong - this set of larger accessory mirrors greatly increases the borescope's usefulness. I got a set of these and love them.
Teslong larger mirror set
Cheers,
Rex

Interesting--do the different diameters simply not require as much focus adjustment to get a clear picture, or is there more to it than that? Any pics to show the improved usefulness?

The mirrors are much larger - they match the diameters. And you can screw them down tight since the focal length is correct for the size of the bore they fit into. Vastly superior to the little 5mm stock mirror. Unfortunately, you have to use that little one for anything under .308, as the 7mm accessory mirror is for 7.62mm and won't fit into a 7mm/.284 bore. I wish they would make one that just barely fit into a .270 bore - that would be great for those and .284. I end up using the 7mm and the 8.3mm for everything over .284, and the 5mm for everything under. I bet they could sell a million 6.5mm mirrors if they'd add them to the offerings.
Long as I'm whining I wish there was one optimized for the .338 too. I have to use the 7mm for that, since the 8.3 is too snug. But the 8.3 is perfect for my .358 and 9,3mm bores.
Cheers,
Rex

P.S. I have a few pics on my other computer, but none where I am now.

I think all a borescope would do for me is make me rethink everything I "know" about cleaning barrels. Plus It would just hurt my pride lol. Yeah...I think I better get one.

20200306_135900.jpg
20200306_135955.jpg

These are cell phone photos I took of my lap top screen...so the actual photos captured are better than what you see.

Any tricks on how to get it to work on laptop Win10? (I have the Teslong WiFi model NYG150W. I connect the camera to laptop via WiFi but can not get the picture

On my Windows 10 laptop,I plug in the Teslong cable into my usb port on my computer.Then I go to the Window symbol on the bottom left of my screen.Scroll to camera and click on camera and you should be able to get it to work from there.On the top left of your screen,click on the setting if you need to do anything to make it work.