Am I being unreasanable

I reckon the best way around it in the end is trap the dog and take it away and shoot it or shoot it with a silencer at a time and in a place that the neighbour will not know what has happened . Then you can just look surprised if they ask about seeing the dog . Your real mistake was to say anything at all to the neighbour . It would have been better to say nothing and the dog just does not come home one day . Leave no evidence is the best plan .
Move your sheep to the far side of the farm so the dog has to come as far away from it's home as possible . In future say nothing to no one and just plug the bastards and dispose of the carcase off farm .

I reckon the best way around it in the end is trap the dog and take it away and shoot it or shoot it with a silencer at a time and in a place that the neighbour will not know what has happened . Then you can just look surprised if they ask about seeing the dog . Your real mistake was to say anything at all to the neighbour . It would have been better to say nothing and the dog just does not come home one day . Leave no evidence is the best plan .
Move your sheep to the far side of the farm so the dog has to come as far away from it's home as possible . In future say nothing to no one and just plug the bastards and dispose of the carcase off farm .

This will work. No shooting necessary. Say nothing. Admit nothing. Let the neighbor think long and hard why his dogs never come home. Remove and dispose of collar and bury carcass in case a chip is installed (dig the hole first). Break no laws.

The dog is feral once it leaves it's owners property.

Roaming dogs don't last long here either, they just don't come home one day. Fortunately I don't have to deal with it on either end both my dog and my folks dog know to stay around the house. My Newfie doesn't so she just doesn't get the chance, the dogs also understand one of my horses hates dogs and just tolerates ours, I think the neighbors dog learned that too.:D

Aussie,

Get yourself a zappy training collar, give the collar to your neighbour and ask nicely for him to put it on his dog, you keep the button, set it to high and chase the dog all the way home everytime you see it zapping him all the way.

I know it sounds cruel but he will learn quickly to to come over, and its better he be uncomfy for a bit that dead.

Neighbour happy too, i have seen this done before with great sucess

Rob

Aussie,

Get yourself a Zappa training collar, give the collar to your neighbour and ask nicely for him to put it on his dog, you keep the button, set it to high and chase the dog all the way home every time you see it zapping him all the way.

I know it sounds cruel but he will learn quickly to to come over, and its better he be comfy for a bit that dead.

Neighbour happy too, i have seen this done before with great sauces

Rob

In a perfect world full of nice people this will always work but I am afraid the world is populated with a good many scum. If the neighbour was a good person the dog would already be controlled . Nice people can dig a big hole of trouble for them selves just trying to be a good neighbour to a bad neighbour.
Scum don't respond to a nice approach they think you are weak and will just keep doing whatever upsets you . I have had a lot of experience in this area and had to break a few legs and arms in my time over issues just like this.
It is far safer for you and your family to just get rid of the problem quietly and say nothing . Trash neighbours can take it out on your kids at school and make life hard in many ways . Why give them any information at all that points to you as the likely cause of their dogs disappearance . Makes no sense and believe me I have been close to terminating a certain problem after making the mistake of discussing an issue with my neighbour thinking that they were reasonable people . Never advertise your feelings or intention in a situation like this because then you loose the initiative to take further action if the neighbour does nothing to resolve the problem . Clandestine is safer than nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts