Aluminum vs. Steel Picatinny Rails

ok. that sounds like a great way to do it. it gives you good all around positive displacement. so do you epoxy it in then as well, or just screws?

No one has taken me up on the electron transfer yet??? bummer:rolleyes:

What alot of smiths do is oversize screws, then they pin it .Had this done on my Defiance 338 NM, I asked for alum , rail but he gave me steel.Ha joke on me some smiths stubborn,this was before Defiance had integrated rail. I JB weld a rail to one of my rifles, I dont sell much and took me a while to catch loose rail,starts out real slow so hard to find.

ok. that sounds like a great way to do it. it gives you good all around positive displacement. so do you epoxy it in then as well, or just screws?

No one has taken me up on the electron transfer yet??? bummer:rolleyes:

There's an old saying "you don't bolt and weld. Either bolt, or weld".
I'm a bit differnet about epoxies. When I need an extra "grip" I like to just just a smigent of Red Permatex RTV on the threads and under the head of the screw. It helps prevent loosening up due to vibration, but more importantly it seals the threads up tight against any moisture to prevent rust.
If I feel a few socket head cap screws are not enough, then it's time to either silver solder or TIG the part in place.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.