Altitude,Pressure, Temp...

Matt27

When shooting at game at extendid distances i know all these factors play a role in shooting that far but a question that popped into my head was let's say you are shooting and elk at a 1000 yards and are in the mountains and the elk is uphill from you. You take the readings at the point where you are but the elk is at a higher elevation. Is this of concern or do the spotter rounds take care of this concern or should i say the change in the factors of shooting great distances. This may have come up before and if so excuse my post just was something i was wondering about. Thanks for any replys

Matt

Uphill/Downhill is just another factor, just like Temp, MV, Etc. The greater the angle the more effect on bullet trajectory.

Try this link from a old post. http://www.longrangehunting.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000205

GOOD LUCK
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts