Alpine Supreme Mauser build

ofbandg

Owned many mausers, including Parker Hale, Santa Barbara, Alpine, JC Higgins (one of the best), and, of course, military mausers. Favorite chamberings were 30-06 Improved, 338-06, and 270. The actions can never be as smooth and the more modern actions but I have never found that a hindrance. I preferred them with the traditional hunting stocks which were very slim and light. Timmy triggers worked well in them, either with safety or without. I have used magnum conversions, particularly .308 Norma, 7 Mag. and didn't like either one. I prefer more modern actions with magnums, probably because I go with toothpick style stocks on my mausers. There are better rifles around but nothing says classic more than a 98 style Mauser. It has more to do with who you are than what does the job best.

big johnson

I had a 6.5 284 on a kar 98 small ring ,no feeding problems at all . It was built by a old smith in the 80,s. Most of the smiths that understood the mauser are long gone. Every time I sell a 98 style I'm always looking for another one , owned 30 or so from 22-50 to 300 win, the 22-243 middlestead was the the most fun to shoot.