Alpen Optics?

jrw1976

I am wondering if there is anyone out there using alpen scopes on thier guns. I recently recieved a 55% off coupon for alpen products at our local Pheasant Forever banquet. So I have been looking over what alpen offers and I am thinking about purchasing thier kodiak 6-24x50 rifle scope to put on my 7mm rem mag to help with the longer yardages. I figure at 55% off how can I go wrong, but I want to hear some pros and cons before I do the deal. Thanks in advance. JRW

I would like to hear from anyone who has used these scopes as well. They seem pretty nice & have all the features one would look for in a quality scope.
Lets hear your opinion...good or bad.
Thanks

mkbaquet

I just sent you a pm and now I reread this post and yes I bought this scope too. I like it a lot although it doesnt have the target turrets it is still a good scope. I have it on my tractor gun so there is no time to dial in that situation anyway. I have killed 6 coyotes with it this fall ranging between 200-312 yards so this setup cant be to bad or I could be that lucky I dont know. Now that I have both the kodiak and the apex I would say go with the apex the optics are slightly better and it has the locking target turrets.

JRW

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.