aloha from Illinois

volbeat

hello everybody.

well im from Illinois. possibly one of the worst state to be in with regards to long range(no high ground by me). and basically anything else. i am currently serving in the national guard in the as a medic. anyway i got the usual set of firearms. my best long range rifle is a Remington 700 sps tactical in 308. with a Bell and Carlson stock and a Bushnell fixed 10x.

currently doing basic research on a ULR rifle. considering the Noreen ULR, i like the ugly simplicity of that style. as well im considering what caliber to us, i understand to work your way up but i would rather take a caliber and stick with it. looking at 338 lm, 375 cheytac/viking, 408 cheytac, 416 barret and the big ol' 50. if there are other to consider please let me know and a place to get reliable information.

another note is literature. i currently have bryan litzs book on applied ballistics, very dry but a good choice cause it explains it in a way the average joe can understand.

well beyond that there aint much more to myself in this regard. i am here to provide insight on what i know, but more likely to learn from what others have done and learned. always be willing to admit you where wrong but never run away from them.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.