alliant RL50

supercrossbmx69

Have any of you guys tried alliant rl50 and if so how did it perform? Have any of you guys tested it to see how temp stable it is? Looked at they're website but it didn't answer any of my questions...thanks for your time guys!

I have a 7xr which is a 300 Norma Mag necked down, long neck & less body taper. Using 180 JLK's I found excellent results with RL50. My old goto load was with Vit. 24N41 which has been discontinued, & I am unable to find any. To date I have only been able to test @ 400 yards. Hopefully soon I will be able to test at 700 & 1000 yards.
Semper Fi

Have you seen any difference in accuracy in temperature changes? I have seen most alliant rifle powders shoot very well but are very temp sensative and am hoping rl50 does better in temp changes. Reason im looking is I have a 338 raptor on order with kirby allen and with his test rl50 gets 30 fps more than h-50bmg with less powder.

I always have to adjust scope settings from one shooting session to another. I have not used it in a swing of more than 20 degrees.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.