• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Alliant RL 23 and 26

XParaman

After a long and hard hunt I have managed to get my hands on some Alliant RL 23 and RL 26. Has anyone had any experience with these powders yet. I just got done loading some 270 WSM and 300 Win mag with the RL 26. Going out this weekend to try them out. Also Iam using a new OAL for them. I bought a Hornaday OAL guage and was surprised at the differance of OAL and what is recommened for the cartridge. My cartridges will be a lot longer then what I have been using. I backed them off .05 from the lands and still a lot longer then usual. Hope to see an improvement on accuracy. Iam setting at 2/3 inch at 100 for the WSM and have not shot the 300 mag yet, its a Rem 5R. according to the data they should be better in FPS, we shall see.gun)

I've used RL23 in a 7 SAUM and 270 Weatherby.
I had excellent results with both.
The 7 SAUM was shooting a 168 Berger Classic Hunter. With H4831sc I was pressuring out at 2840fps. Groups were sub 1/2" at 100yds.
With the RL23 I reached 2900fps and maintained equal accuracy, 60gr and .015 off the lands.
With the Weatherby, I started with 23 and finished the load shooting a 130gr Barnes TTSX at 3400fps and sub 1/2" accuracy, 72gr 3.255 OAL. I know there are a lot of powders that work with the Weatherby but this one did a great job.
Both rifles had Schneider P5 barrels.

ShortMag3

Recent Posts