ALLIANT RELODER 23

Seems to be hard to get. Has it been discontinued? Anyone have experience with it in 6.5-06 class cartridges?
Its still listed on their website. According to the Hodgden reloading manual, 2020 edition, IMR 4350, H 4831, IMR 4831, H 1000, H 4350 and Hybrid 100v are good substitutes, though. They all show good velocity with all the 6.5 bullets.

Never used 23, but 22, 25 and/or 26 will work well.
I'm using 26 in several similar cartridges. It is not as sensitive to temperature changes.

Sometimes a day afield during hunting season in Wyoming it can be frosty in the morning, so say 32 degrees or less. By midafternoon it can be 80 degrees. So what kind of temperature issues would one expect if one filled his tag in the am instead of the pm? Higher pressures? High enough to matter? Would you load your ammo to be at safe pressure in the afternoon? Is there some rule of thumb regarding charge weight for each temperature? Also Reloder 26 is in the hard to come by category.

Seems to be hard to get. Has it been discontinued? Anyone have experience with it in 6.5-06 class cartridges?
Look at 6.5-284 Norma data since case capacity is about the same. I use RL23 in my 6.5-284 and 140 gr Berger with great success. It's also my go to powder for my 280 AI. Very temp stable and versatile for a number of cartridges

Look at 6.5-284 Norma data since case capacity is about the same. I use RL23 in my 6.5-284 and 140 gr Berger with great success. It's also my go to powder for my 280 AI. Very temp stable and versatile for a number of cartridges

I have QuickLoad data for my 6.5-06; 6.5-06AI and 25-06 which seems to be pretty good.

I have seen RL 23 on a regular basis recently. This will probably change as it appears to have caught on. I have been messing with it for the last few weeks. Getting good results in a 280ai. May believe In the anti copper fouling ingredient. Actually forgot about it until saw this post. Was amazed yesterday at how little copper fouling I had in my barrel.

I have seen RL 23 on a regular basis recently. This will probably change as it appears to have caught on. I have been messing with it for the last few weeks. Getting good results in a 280ai. May believe In the anti copper fouling ingredient. Actually forgot about it until saw this post. Was amazed yesterday at how little copper fouling I had in my barrel.

I see the same with IMR7977 and just got some IMR4955 to try too.

I note that my last visit to Sportsman's Warehouse there was no Reloder 23 available. Ended up buying some overpriced French burnt peanuts. Dang they're good tho.

I'd love to get my hands on some of those ReloadSwiss powders that QuickLoad brings up.

To answer your question no they have not stopped making it you should start seeing it soon we at my place of work Have got several pounds in lately it is a great powder for many cartridges

My 6.5-06 was made for a varment rifle and I had good success with IMR 4350 shooting 100gr Nosler HPBT's. I have tried RL19 not good with the 100 gr Nosler. I have also tried I tried H380 with 120 gr Nosler spitzer that did not work eather. Now due to Covid19 I cannot get out to shoot anymore. Hope to start again in September. I live in a Hot Spot and am in the High Risk class.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.