Alliant Powders

skyfish25

I use a fair amount of RL-15, still seem to shoot my 250 Savage(250/3000 to you purists) a lot, seems to be my trigger pulling rifle I really like to shoot.

Well, I stocked up on powder something like 12 years ago and am getting low, I ran across some MR-2000. Almost bought an 8-lb keg, but hesitated as I wasn't sure. I seem to use powders that I know are not talked about much on here. I use a lot of Ramshot Hunter and RL-17 as well. It seems I am only getting low on the RL's of powder, I do see newer powders out, but now is not the time to experiment.

Getting back on target, any have any experience with MR-2000, My 250 Savage gets inexpensive 100 gr bullets(usually Hornady, Speer or Sierra), and shoots all the time. Targets and is carried a lot, critters out to 200, maybe 250. Just a great farm gun. I do shoot some 75gr HP as well as I bought a couple hundred when a supplier had them on clearance. I usually use A2520 for those. It was Savages' anniversary rifle and a SS, black stock so pretty durable and I don't feel like I'm roughing up a safe queen.

Starting load of 32gr should be a good starting point with 100gr bullets as it has similar burn rate as LVR which is a go to powder for the 250Sav.