Alliant powder

I prefer to store my powder for as little amount of time as possible.... I'm sure it goes bad at some point and I'm not here to find out when!
I've never had a issue personally in my 20 years of loading. How you keep it stored is critical I imagine. When I buy powder, I try to buy the same lot of 1lbers if a kegs NA as it helps with consistency as most of these shown are. In a perfect world I'd like to have fresh powder all the time from the same lot, not in our present world though. I'm perfectly comfortable with my powder supply or the age of it! 6.5 Staball pictured is for sale locally.

Last edited:
If you guys are halfway serious about finding powder, the least you can do is get on Discord and set up notices. Relying on companies to email you in-stock notifications is not going to work for your benefit.
I think those claiming to score powder are pulling our legs! lol! I'd live to score just ONE eight pounder of the H4350… peeps on here say ye need to check PV, MidSourh, Reloaders Supply, Gaf, etc 5/6 times a day; I work construction in the fields, so that's not possible. ANYONE willing to steer me on a more successful path? Live in CA, drive to ? HAPPILY To find some…🤪🤓

I think those claiming to score powder are pulling our legs! lol! I'd live to score just ONE eight pounder of the H4350… peeps on here say ye need to check PV, MidSourh, Reloaders Supply, Gaf, etc 5/6 times a day; I work construction in the fields, so that's not possible. ANYONE willing to steer me on a more successful path? Live in CA, drive to ? HAPPILY To find some…🤪🤓
Look up the reloading section of discord. It's a little confusing but there has been powder, primers, and billers pretty steady on it for the last 8 months I've been using it.

My LGS just got Alliant powders again yesterday RL17, 26, and 33. They also got maybe a dozen other powders between IMR, Hodgon, and Vita. It's been about once a month and they have received RL26 with each shipment. They have not seen primers in 8 months.
Wonder why some dealers get multiple deliveries and MY LGS hasn't had one for alliant in almost year?

My LGS just got Alliant powders again yesterday RL17, 26, and 33. They also got maybe a dozen other powders between IMR, Hodgon, and Vita. It's been about once a month and they have received RL26 with each shipment. They have not seen primers in 8 months.
My LGS has not received powder in almost a year, but ammo and primers have always been in stock. Large rifle CCI just ran out, but a big shipment of the CCI small pistol Magnums came in. I don't get it. I know it is not the best stuff, but how can you beat a box of the PPU ammo, just for plinking, keeping the nerves calmed, for $19 a box… I keep begging them to bring in the .264 WinMag… LOL

Wonder why some dealers get multiple deliveries and MY LGS hasn't had one for alliant in almost year?
Yeah, it's hard to figure. We were seeing alot of Federal primers for a while and I thought they may be showing local favorites here in MN, but I have not seen a Federal primer now for 3 months.

I was at my local gun shop in Tulsa today and they had just received a shipment of Alliant powder. All of the different powders were on the shelf but the cost was high at $60 per pound and they will only sell one pound of powder to a customer per week. I did purchase a pound of Reloader 15 and I was happy to get it. They say you can't buy happiness but you can buy Reloader 15.

Last edited:
Every place you can put in for email notification I have, months ago and haven't gotten one email saying in stock.
No offence what so ever, but you're waiting your time depending on email notifications for powder or primers to be in stock AND available.

If you guys are halfway serious about finding powder, the least you can do is get on Discord and set up notices. Relying on companies to email you in-stock notifications is not going to work for your benefit.
Please to as esplane what this "Discord" message system is. I have never heard of it before your post.
And the way the direction certain govment agencies are heading I don't know if posting pics of lrg amounts propellent is in your best interest, might be me just being a bit paranoid but just some friendly advice.

Please to as esplane what this "Discord" message system is. I have never heard of it before your post.
And the way the direction certain govment agencies are heading I don't know if posting pics of lrg amounts propellent is in your best interest, might be me just being a bit paranoid but just some friendly advice.
It's an app you will need to download. Then you subscribe to different notifications.