Alliant powder

All during the shortage? Or where you a little prepared before hand like some members???
I had some but was able secure quite a bit at normal prices during. 8133, 4955, h1000 I traded a keg of RL26 for, retumbo I got toward the end of last summer at a little sleeper shop I know of locally for $33 a LB. 4451 I got at Thirdgen a few weeks ago. 4461 is very close to H4350 and burns super clean and excellent temp stability. Looking to get N565 and N165 to try out in my PRC. I usually check 3 places online I know of and call a few places locally a few times a week.

I use the buddy system. I buy for and have request with friends even from this site (local). We seem to make sure everyone is getting the staples. Jjmoody even referred me another concrete job!
I post here also quite often but some of the shops I'm talking about are small mom and pops that wouldn't want to be overwhelmed so I just keep them off the radar

Every place you can put in for email notification I have, months ago and haven't gotten one email saying in stock.
FYI, I emailed Midway about the email notification when I found some primers; I had a notification set for them but didn't get an email. I was told that the 1st 1000 who sign up get a notification, then it's an hour before they notify the 2nd 1000 if they still have stock. Once something is in stock & sells out, all the notifications are canceled and you have to sign up for them again. I don't know if the rest work that way; but I have asked to be notified just about everywhere I can & never get them either. Best of luck with the hunt.

I had some but was able secure quite a bit at normal prices during. 8133, 4955, h1000 I traded a keg of RL26 for, retumbo I got toward the end of last summer at a little sleeper shop I know of locally for $33 a LB. 4451 I got at Thirdgen a few weeks ago. 4461 is very close to H4350 and burns super clean and excellent temp stability. Looking to get N565 and N165 to try out in my PRC. I usually check 3 places online I know of and call a few places locally a few times a week.
Right on! I got some rl23 I'm going to try in the prc since I have a bit of that. If that fails I have some 26 and retumbo.

I think my halfway serious process seems to be working very good.

View attachment 280965

My OCD prevents me from storing powder laying down or wine standing up.

My LGS in Houston had Alliant powder a few weeks ago. RL-17 and RL-26, and possibly others but I didn't ask. Limit one per day per person, but available 3 days in a row.

If you guys are halfway serious about finding powder, the least you can do is get on Discord and set up notices. Relying on companies to email you in-stock notifications is not going to work for your benefit.
My OCD prevents me from storing powder laying down or wine standing up.

My LGS in Houston had Alliant powder a few weeks ago. RL-17 and RL-26, and possibly others but I didn't ask. Limit one per day per person, but available 3 days in a row.
That why we all need "powder cellars"!! 🤩