ALLEN PRECISION XHS repeater in 338 ALLEN MAGNUM

Kirby Have you ever built one just like this in a .408 CheyTac ?
This is the badest lookin rifle I have ever seen !!
It brings my mind back to the movie "shooter" I think it was the .408 CheyTac that he was shooting . Anyways what does it weigh? And can you give us a ball park Ideah on how many cars, trucks, Atv's / stocks that one might have to sell to purchase this fine beauty??:D

Bigbuck,

I have not made one in the 408 Cheytac yet but I did invest in a set of reamers this winter for the 338, 375 and 408 Cheytac so they are all now chambering options out of my shop.

Total rifle weight as you see it is probably around 17-18 lbs.

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I can get you some pricing information.

Only decision now is what to chamber it in...... 338 Allen Magnum, 375 Allen Magnum, 458 Allen Tactical or 50 Allen Tactical....... Maybe a switch barrel with one of each!!![/QUOTE]

Music to my ears............

I'm doing a multi caliber/barrel project and know exactly how cool that is !!!

the big 338 looks fantastic, awesome photography too !

Mr. Allen, you are a man of many talents !

Thank you for your kinds words, just to let everyone know as well, I invested in a set of chambering reamers for the 338, 375 and 408 Cheytac chamberings this winter so they will all now be available in my XHS rifles in single shot and repeater form. Did this to offer something to those guys that do not want to get into a wildcat or that are nervous about forming brass or paying extra for formed brass.

Not quite the level of performance of the Allen Magnums but still most impressive for sure.

Thank you for your kinds words, just to let everyone know as well, I invested in a set of chambering reamers for the 338, 375 and 408 Cheytac chamberings this winter so they will all now be available in my XHS rifles in single shot and repeater form. Did this to offer something to those guys that do not want to get into a wildcat or that are nervous about forming brass or paying extra for formed brass.

Not quite the level of performance of the Allen Magnums but still most impressive for sure.

Do you mean your wildcats are better than the .408 CheyTac case ? If so thats impressive ! Email headed your way for a XHS .408 repeater.

P.S. I just looked at your other rifles and I gotta say they look like works of Art! Just out right Awesome....

Do you mean your wildcats are better than the .408 CheyTac case ? If so thats impressive ! Email headed your way for a XHS .408 repeater.

P.S. I just looked at your other rifles and I gotta say they look like works of Art! Just out right Awesome....

Not saying they are better, different. My wildcat design is based on the 408 Cheytac parent case but with shoulder moved significantly forward adn shoulder angle sharpened up noticably. Alot of testing went into the 338 AM and its siblings based on the 408 CT and I beleive I have designed the most aggressive case design based off that case that offers the largest case capacity and highest velocity potential possible with this case design.

Does that make them the best, not nessesarily, means they are the highest performing wildcats on that case. In a properly built rifle, there should be no difference in accuracy between the 338, 375 and 408 Cheytac or my 338, 375 or 410 Allen Magnums. Just an extra 150 fps in velocity with same bullet weights.

Just cuts time of flight down compared to the parent designs.

Again, not saying better, just different beast!!!

For some applications, such as a rifle you want to have a large volume of ammo loaded up for for defensive, tactical or offensive purposes, the Cheytac design is likely a better design just for the cost savings in getting formed brass. That is why I decided to get the reamers and offer these chamberings out of my shops for my XHS single shot and repeating rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.