Allen Magnum Cartridges

375rifleman

Does anyone know anything about the Allen Magnum Cartridges? I`m really interested in the cartridges 375 Allen Xpress Magnum to the 300 Allen Xpress Magnum. Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts,opinions,or answers.

Does anyone know anything about the Allen Magnum Cartridges? I`m really interested in the cartridges 375 Allen Xpress Magnum to the 300 Allen Xpress Magnum. Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts,opinions,or answers.

The 338AX would be my all around choice. I could fill up two pages as to why but I just don't have the time.

Thanks MMERSS for your opinion/answer I was or am planning on buying a savage 338 Lapua Magnum Bolt Action, accompanying this action with a custom rifle barrel ( probably Pac-Nor ), and placing the barreled action into a tube stock/chassis. The area I live in almost every shot opportunity will be within ~600 yards/meters but with chances for up to ~1500 yard/meter shots thats why I included the 375 Xpress Magnum Cartridge for massive knockdown power at the closer ranges ( as well as being able to stop dangerous game in it's tracks ), however if I go to other areas I would like to be able to be competitive at the further ranges.

I shoot and hunt with a 338 LM. It will accomplish 90%+ if not close to 100% of my hunting needs. A 1500 yard harvest is tough. I have not yet encountered stable enough conditions in all my years hunting where I was confident the conditions would allow high percentage with shot placement to the vitals around 1500 yards, 1300+ for that matter. However, I do practice at these ranges. If I didn't care where I hit the big game animal 1500 yards would have been possible but rather impractical and unsporting. One day I may encounter conditions that provide high hit percentage at these ranges, just hasn't happened yet.

The 338 LM is all one should need. But few just want ONE.

Thanks MMERSS for your opinion/answer I was or am planning on buying a savage 338 Lapua Magnum Bolt Action, accompanying this action with a custom rifle barrel ( probably Pac-Nor ), and placing the barreled action into a tube stock/chassis. The area I live in almost every shot opportunity will be within ~600 yards/meters but with chances for up to ~1500 yard/meter shots thats why I included the 375 Xpress Magnum Cartridge for massive knockdown power at the closer ranges ( as well as being able to stop dangerous game in it's tracks ), however if I go to other areas I would like to be able to be competitive at the further ranges.

You'll have to talk to Kirby about that. He's the only one that chambers his cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.