All Weather Field Books

406pat

Anybody use the Rite in the Rain products for their field books? I use them but would like if there was one with a rifle template rather than just the survey templates they have?

Any other thoughts?

Not familar with them, hopefully others will chime in.

Last edited:
Yea roger that. Work great so long as you have a right in the rain pin. I will say this though. Purchase one and instead of having to purchase another one down the road, take a page from each section you want out of it eg. range card and laminate it with some acid tape or some sort of other laminant and purchase some "perminant super fine" map marker's and one alchohol marker and a rag for changes. The writing will not come off unless you remove it with some sort of cleaner like that. You can also get a little field book or small 8x5 pilot book or something equivalant with some sort of solid 3 ring binder system after 3 hole punching those pages and put them in that. You can also purchase those little tabs so you know which page is which for it which I think works much faster than trying to look for each page etc.

HTH brother!
Cheers,
RiP

I might try and get a custom one together. I was thinking a front page or two for drops and wind dope, Then next bulk of pages would be shooting logs followed by a section for load data. Any thoughts? How big do you think? I really like the 4 1/2" x 7" size myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.