ALL 7SS SHOOTERS PLEASE HELP

elkaholic

I have reported in the past that the 7ss loaded with a 180 Berger VLD is 2.920" to the lands. This is ERRONEOUS data! The problem now is, my 7ss has a lot of rounds through it and I can not get an accurate measurement for a new barrel because of wear. Could you guys please give me some help with what your coal is to the lands with various bullets? The 180 Berger is of particular importance, but others would help as well. I think I can get quite close by using Berger data and my reamer spec, but actual measurements are better. thanks in advance rich

Dhow did you figure out the orginal data was in error?
A client wasn't getting what I had posted with his new build. I checked my chamber which has a lot of rounds through it and it was still shorter than what I had posted. I couldn't get an accurate measure because I know the lands have moved so I was looking for someone with new chamber info.

Last edited:
Got it. **** that sucks when it happens. Probably got mixed with a different bullet or somethi:g. You got stop being so lazy in your retirment and start doing some thing to keep you busy LOL. I don't know how you keep what you do in line with all the case design work and loading info. You have done over the last couple yrs. There are hobbies then there are obsessions

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.