• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Alberta Whitetail Deer hunt special

Dave King

Well, it's time for me to head back up to Alberta and maybe take someone along or let them go on their own.

Ron Nemetchek called me last night and said he had a last minute opening and wanted to know if I could find someone to come along with me on a deer hunt.

Regular price is in the $4,300 USD area but he'll let me bring someone for $2,500 USD.

This includes all fees except travel (as far as I know), food, license, lodging (except for the airport night(s) if one chooses to fly). The available hunt is the last week in November, Monday through Saturday (25 - 30 November). I'm not sure which camp but believe it'll be in one of his southern area camps (farm type country).

I was up there last Fall (really early in the season) and shot a nice 8 point and had a great time. I was also up this last Spring and got a nice 7ft Black Bear and managed to pick up a few sheds and we found several Winter Kill skulls, one grossed 167+B&C.

Here's a few pictures from up that way.
http://community.webshots.com/album/34840855rsZNtP

I plan to drive from Maryland up to Ron's place, 2500 miles (45 hours actual driving time), you can meet and ride with me or fly, make's no difference to me. I am a little quirky about driving, I don't smoke and I don't listen to the radio (music or anything else typically), I just drive. I also have a low pain-in-the-*** tolerance so if folks have a hard time getting along with ya, I probably will to so figure to fly and not ride with me (at least not very far).

You'll need to pay Ron via arrangements made with him, I'm not the money guy only another hunter.

I'd expect to hold out for a 160+ class deer and believe a 170+ is in the realm of possibilities. The new World record archery Whitetail was shot in an area near where we'll hunt, and B&C deer are shot each year in Ron's camps.

Expect temperature to 20 below zero (F) but there are heated stands for use (very nice elevated stands). If you elect to stay in a stand it'll be for the entire day (more than likely) and you'll have a lunch available to take along. Sometime there are folks that move from one place to another via the guide's pickup but I'm not sure of that arrangement.

Gene Parker (Bull) went up with me this Spring, me met in Wisconsin and drove up from there, he may be able to offer some personal reference and assurances.

Let me know quick, time flying.

(Last year I gave all the meat away from my buck, I don't intend to bring meat back this year either. If you want meat and want to ride with me let me know, maybe I can make a special cooler or get a small freezer installed in the truck (stopping for ice or dry ice is not a fun trip).)

Awe man Dave, you are killing me. I would love to go up there for that price. That is an awesome deal, but I already have plans to go south to Texas.
frown.gif
Oh well, maybe next time. Good luck to you though. Remember to take your longjohns and stash those granola bars near your body so they don't freeze.
wink.gif
Let us know how you do.

Dave,

Thanks for the offer, it does sound like fun, but I can't make it.

I did like your self description of driving. If you ever feel like heading south for some serious coyote hunting, let me know. You sound like a hell of a needed change from a lot of the guys I've gotten roped in to hauling around.

Good luck on your trip,

Tim

Dave,

I'm headed to Colorado late next week or I'd join you in a heartbeat. Hopefully you can find a partner for this trip --- Ron's offer is an outstanding value for a chance at some great Whitetails!

Be sure and post some pics when you get back.

PS-- It's up to you to make sure Ron gets his "sugar" at the grocery store this trip!

Later-

Gene

Gene

I like the guy but I don't believe I'll kiss him on the cheek in public. He's more careful about that type of prank nowadays I believe. He says the town folks are still talking about that "sugar" event!

He's a colorful and fun guy to be around, great fella!

Good luck on your hunt.

Latest news is that there is another hunt available in addition to the one I originally posted, same price, same offer.

The fella that took the first hunt is in too big a hurry to ride with me (he's a taxidermist and thinks hell miss business if he's out too long) and has opted to fly so the one seat in the truck is still available.