Alberta, two wolves one shot

mullmann03

Found this on another site and thought I would share. I would post the link for the story but it's from another site and I'm not sure if it's allowed. Enjoy.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/86853394]2014 Winter Wolf on Vimeo[/ame]

He had a triple lined up earlier. I would've been so flock shooting they all would've run off:)
I imagine if a guy has dreams about getting a wolf, this setting was perfect.

I don't know how I missed this before....just noticed it and thought I would give it a bump.

I did a weekend wolf hunt 2 weeks ago up through northern WY..... I actually got to see 4, but they were on the Elk refuge outside Jackson (and out of range :D) It was cool to see them tho..... when I talked to the personell at the refuge visitor center, they seemed just giddy about having the wolfpack there..... go figure, typical fed gov bunny hugger types. they said there were 4500 elk on the refuge now.......last time I was there in the mid 90's there were 19000 ....that's only a reduction of 75% or so..... AJ

Last edited:
You will have plenty of time to get the fever after they are dead and on the ground. . Just don't under or over think it before its over.
I too saw a couple doubles before he took the shot. . It was awesome watching them at the bait pile. I kept worrying the wind would change and give him away.
I can tell it wasn't too cold when he wad.filming on his quad. His cheeks were exposed and they hadn't turned white yet. . I've rode my 4 wheeler at-52 and trust me its close to unbearable.
I put that vid up there with the best I've ever watched
His 270 really did a great job for him
I expect similar results from my 6.5

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts