Alberta Spot and Stalk Blonde Bear

I can believe it. I've seen a bunch of pictures of color phase bears from Idaho. Since I would specifically like to have a chocolate I think southern Utah or Arizona is my best bet.

That's not just a blond black bear its a spirit bear/kermode. They are extremely rare. There is a lot of native lore with spirit bears. They are protected in a lot of places, which makes the trophy that much more rare. Congrats on both.

Brent c is 100% correct about this being a spirit bear. Additional animals that are high in the native peoples traditions are the White Moose, White Buffalo and White Raven. These bears are protected in the province of British Columbia Canada.

I didn't think you could shoot those in Canada(Spirit Bear). Maybe it was just on Vancouver Island or something. That is the nicest "black bear" I have ever seen. Conrgrats!

The Spirit bear is a northern BC coast thing, I have seen blonde bears all over BC and Alberta. They are rare but very pretty. 35 years ago in the North Thompson region I saw a Cinnamon sow with 3 Cubs 1 blonde 1 black and a cinnamon. It was a rare sight

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.