Alaska to Montana

RMinMT

Hi all. I moved to Montana from Alaska in May and am a frequent visitor to a couple other shooting sites (RMiller on a couple).

Primarily what brought me to this site is wanting to learn a bit more about long distance hunting. There is definately a place for that here in Montana.

Most of my hunting is close range and I like to take my 375H-H for elk and really love to bowhunt but for some of the deer and antelope hunting here I can see some use for a long range rifle. Some of the country is wide open.

Thanks Ron

Welcome from the back side of Canyon Ferry Lake ( Townsend) I host some long range shoots in the summer and would love to have you join us. Nothin fancy, just some members here and a few guys that get together and burn some long range powder. It is held at the Bradwater Co Rod and Gun Club range near Townsend. Whatch on this site for dates as we will be setting the calender afer the first of the year.

Jeff gun)gun)

Lived in Alaska 24 years and had a great time. But the salmon have gotten way smaller and scarce where I fished. Plus my oldest is ready to hunt soon and my wife wants to hunt as well and I know it will be easier to get them into game here than AK.

Moved to Great Falls. I wanted to move to Helena originally but couldnt get a lead on a job there although it took 4 months to get a job here :p.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.