Alaska Powder Orders

toddlouis

Has any member from Alaska, ordered powder from Powder Valley? Just wanted to see what shipping costs were, or a rough estimate. Thanks y'all. Just wanting to plan to have enough to cover the cost for an 8 Pounder before I make a call if/when a powder comes in stock.

You can put in stock items in your cart then when you look at your cart you can hit the calculate shipping button. All without completing the purchase. I just did this with 8#'s of Vihtavuori 20N29 to Anchorage AK. it shows $15.95 shipping plus $19.95 Hazmat

The Powder Valley web site states "Alaska and Hawaii freight charges will be reviewed prior to shipping. ...customers will be notified in advance of shipping."

MidwayUSA's web site states powder can only be shipped ground rate within the continental US.

I don't think it's possible to ship powder ground rate to Alaska. I think powder is barged or trucked into Alaska by the wholesalers.

Lived here 42 years and have a relative owned & operated a gun shop here for 37yrs. Never heard of anyone ever shipping gun powder, primers, or ammo up to Alaska. If you drive up, you can haul some powder with you thru Canada. Like a 16 lb maximum limit.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.