Alaska Moose Hunt Berger 210vld

I'm done here too....having a meaningful discussion with some of the members here is pointless.

I hope that despite the nonsense, the OP got the advice that he was looking for, and Best of Luck!

They look like a Barnes Bullet & also appears Midway can't send them to me in 4days LOL....I'm a Ford Dodge Chevy kinda shooter, why hammer?
They aren't avail through Midway. I can get them to you faster than 4 days.

Like a Barnes only because they are both copper. The Hammers are cnc lathe turned, much softer, and designed to shed the nose. The Barnes are a grooved bullet and the Hammers are a drive band bullet. Drive band bullets are much better at controlling pressure than the grooved bullets. Our patented drive band design in on radiuses so the amount of material contact on the outside dia of the bullet is very finite. This enables us to cut the bullets larger than caliber so they will seal the bore on loose bore guns but not have any extra pressure on tight bore guns. End result is easy accuracy. Lead bullets do this automatically since they are much softer and will squish through a tight bore, obturate or plump from the charge pressure seal the loose bore. Because of tolerance in bore dia is why you see some rifles have high pressure with typical copper bullets when the bore is tight and poor accuracy in loose bores.

Sorry for the late post on this. I did not know about the thread until it got messy at the end.

Wow... Never seen someone get so worked up over information sharing and other perspectives.

Over the years my loading shelf has become where it might be mistaken for a small reloading retailer. Almost every component was acquired for my own testing or from the recommendations of others (many from this site). I had already planned to order some of the new Hammer 120's for my 7-08 this morning, but after reading this thread, I'm going to do it on behalf of PS!

This is the most entertaining thread that I read on this site. Am damned impressed with
the amount of hunting some of you gentlemen have done. I tip my hat to all and most
envious. With my meager hunting experience I would use what I have used on the elk
that I have taken and that would be a 300 gr. Berger. for my 338 RUM. along with
a handful of Hammers and the good book For added protection.

Ive shot plenty of moose and the bergers will work fine
I used a frames out of my 300 win when I went to kamchatka and they were too tough. Not as much expansion as I would like. What I did for that hunt was load up a frames and 215gr berger. Had an A frames in case of bears up close. And if you needed to reach out and touch them. I had the bergers. With moose, unless you are really close, you have time to swap bullets. Both ammo shot within an inch of each other at 200 yards. I will do the same thing on my polar bear hunt this year and for my yukon adventures

Hey fellow hunters, I'm brand new to the group & I feel you can all help me make a decision here. Please DO NOT respond to this thread if you have never killed an animal with a Berger or if you are here to trash talk the bullet that puts elk meat in my freezer every year from 60yds to 850yds........Thanks Guys

My brother & I are headed to Alaska In September 2021 for a 10 day moose drop hunt. I'm bringing my 300wby no matter what. I currently rock mature bull elk with the 210gr VLD with zero issues. Has anyone here killed a moose in Alaska or the lower 48 with a Berger bullet?......
Bonus answer: If you are going to Alaska near the beginning of September, check the coho (silver) salmon run.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts