Alaska Moose Hunt Berger 210vld

Maybe in a vacuum...you are better off lobbing a partition or aframe at 1000 yards...they have about the same BC don't they? There are lots of bullets that stop charging animals...hammers are no better than any other mono - you guys drink the coolaid all you want. That's the great thing about having options.

Your words right back at you;)

you are way off here PredatorSlayer most people know when it comes to stopping a charging dangerous game animal you want a solid. That said if you didn't have a solid a mono is your next best choice. Bergers have their place and long range is one of them. The way you are talking it sounds like you may have sipped some Koolaid too. Every body has a favorite brand or type of bullet the OP likes Bergers as do you. Ihave never shot them so my opinion on them is based on what I have heard. When I first read this thread I thought the OP wanted to know if any others had used the 210VLD on moose and if people thought there may be a better choice. How ever he just wanted to tell every one he was going to use them no matter what he heard. I have shot a few moose 2 of them with Barnes bullets and 1 with a Speer Mag Tip all 3 never moved. I have also killed moose with a bow so I could say you can kill a moose with any thing. That may or may not be true but I could say it. How ever if I was going to Alaska on a dream hunt like this I would want some kind of 210grn .308 bullet. If it were me I would choose a bullet that holds together rather than fragments. That is just me but others have hinted that way too. Elksurgeon you have some time try a few other bullets before you leave on this trip there may be some thing better out there.

Maybe in a vacuum...you are better off lobbing a partition or aframe at 1000 yards...they have about the same BC don't they? There are lots of bullets that stop charging animals...hammers are no better than any other mono - you guys drink the coolaid all you want. That's the great thing about having options.

You say this and have not tested them? You are special.

you are way off here PredatorSlayer most people know when it comes to stopping a charging dangerous game animal you want a solid. That said if you didn't have a solid a mono is your next best choice. Bergers have their place and long range is one of them. The way you are talking it sounds like you may have sipped some Koolaid too. Every body has a favorite brand or type of bullet the OP likes Bergers as do you. Ihave never shot them so my opinion on them is based on what I have heard. When I first read this thread I thought the OP wanted to know if any others had used the 210VLD on moose and if people thought there may be a better choice. How ever he just wanted to tell every one he was going to use them no matter what he heard. I have shot a few moose 2 of them with Barnes bullets and 1 with a Speer Mag Tip all 3 never moved. I have also killed moose with a bow so I could say you can kill a moose with any thing. That may or may not be true but I could say it. How ever if I was going to Alaska on a dream hunt like this I would want some kind of 210grn .308 bullet. If it were me I would choose a bullet that holds together rather than fragments. That is just me but others have hinted that way too. Elksurgeon you have some time try a few other bullets before you leave on this trip there may be some thing better out there.

That's how fanatical some of these Berger guys are

You guys keep talking about hammers like they don't fragment - you guys need to look up the definition of the word fragment. Hammers fragment by design - they shed weight. So now they are being advertised as a dangerous game bullet against Grizzlies and Cape buffalo (that fragments) and an ELR bullet (with signifIcantly lower BCs than traditional LR bullets). I can't believe Berger and Hornady and Barnes are still in business....they are probably a great bullet for what they are, but you supporters try and make them something they are not...

Also, I don't remember seeing where the OP asked about better options - just experience with Bergers.

You guys keep talking about hammers like they don't fragment - you guys need to look up the definition of the word fragment.

You need to learn the difference in definitions for general use and bullets. Bullets that fragment don't have a design for four small parts at the front of the bullet to come off in a prescribed manner with the rest of the bullet penetrating a great distance through tissue. Bullets that fragment practically disintegrate with no large part to continue to penetrate.

You need to learn the difference in definitions for general use and bullets. Bullets that fragment don't have a design for four small parts at the front of the bullet to come off in a prescribed manner with the rest of the bullet penetrating a great distance through tissue. Bullets that fragment practically disintegrate with no large part to continue to penetrate.

You've eaten too much lead in your lifetime Rich. Google is your friend here. Use it.

That's how fanatical some of these Berger guys are
Obviously the hammer boys are equally fanatical. Especially when they claim the same bullet that stops a charging grizzly bear will expand on a broadside whitetail at 1000 yards. Which is it? Violet expansion or shoot through a grizzly bear long ways?

I've seen what they do to a 240#Canadian white tail. The pencil through and let 167" of deer run 900 yards only to be found because of snow. Hmmmm.... sounds.... less than ideal...?

Obviously the hammer boys are equally fanatical. Especially when they claim the same bullet that stops a charging grizzly bear will expand on a broadside whitetail at 1000 yards. Which is it? Violet expansion or shoot through a grizzly bear long ways?

I've seen what they do to a 240#Canadian white tail. The pencil through and let 167" of deer run 900 yards only to be found because of snow. Hmmmm.... sounds.... less than ideal...?
Show the pics, please.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.