Alaska Fishing Trip Reference/Reccomendation?

dave300

Good morning, Looking to put together a group fishing trip of 6-8 to Alaska. Looking for recommendations and would like to fish a day of Halibut and mix in the rest with the Salmon. Feeling like a 4-6 day trip would be most desirable but open for input on species, trip length, time of the year, basically any input would be appreciated.
If it matters, leaving out of Las Vegas

Any specific area your wanting to fish?

I don't guide but know a few, and follow those species for a living and can give guidance on timing. Certainly can ask friends who know each area.
Hi and thanks, no specific area in mind, pretty much open to those with experience and hoping that experience will get me to a good experience.

Saltwater Safari's in Seward are a cut above the rest,
combo halibut/ling cod/king salmon/silver salmon/black bass/red snapper/pacific cod trips are around $375.00 per person for an 8 hour trip

Was in Seward building that new hotel in 2020 & went out 4 times, limited out on all the species every time, caught some nice ling cod too, 45 lb, 50 lb and this big 65 lb'r

Couple things to note ...

Saltwater Safari's have the bigger, more sea worthy boats where with a group of 12 anglers, 2 deckhands & a skipper on board still doesn't feel crowded & there's room for everyone... compared to the smaller charter boats that take 4 people and there's no room to move around, plus any kind of seas other than flat and the smaller boats need to run into protected coves/bays to waste bait & your 8 hr day trip scratch fishing for nothing

PLUS ... Saltwater Safari are the only charter operator to ever have a client angler catch this one particularly elusive species ..
no other charter in the world has ever caught one !! must see video to believe it !

Saltwater Safari's in Seward are a cut above the rest,
combo halibut/ling cod/king salmon/silver salmon/black bass/red snapper/pacific cod trips are around $375.00 per person for an 8 hour trip

Was in Seward building that new hotel in 2020 & went out 4 times, limited out on all the species every time, caught some nice ling cod too, 45 lb, 50 lb and this big 65 lb'r

Second this recommendation. Have fished multiple outfits in Homer and Seward, Salrwater Safari is a cut above the rest.

I have never gone with a charter just a buddy. After bottom fishing for giant halibut, rockfish and cod I'm not sure I'd have much desire to fish for salmon for more than a day or two just to stock the freezer with a little. I'd rather eat the bottom fish.

If you want to fish SE Alaska definitely check https://www.outboundalaskacharters.com/index.html
Capt Herb is a friend of mine and is a great fisherman, captain and an accomplished hunter.
The fish processing and packaging for travel is second to none. Your close to down town if you want to roam around town.
I take people out fishing on multi day long range fishing trips here in florida and have had many of my customers and other vessel operators fish with him and everyone has been totally happy.

Dinner last night with friends and saw on the wall pics from the aforementioned Salt water safaris in Seward. They had pretty rave reviews of the company, did a fairly large group and were quite happy.

Pws and the area are expecting a pile of salmon next year, if the prelims are accurate it's gonna be locus plague out of the Bible big. Halibut biomass that was a little concerning in 11 and 12' has turned around and is the healthiest I've seen since probably 03. I cannot speak to southeast as I'm not there very often, but any charter between Cordova and Dutch harbor next year should be a good one.

Dinner last night with friends and saw on the wall pics from the aforementioned Salt water safaris in Seward. They had pretty rave reviews of the company, did a fairly large group and were quite happy.

Pws and the area are expecting a pile of salmon next year, if the prelims are accurate it's gonna be locus plague out of the Bible big. Halibut biomass that was a little concerning in 11 and 12' has turned around and is the healthiest I've seen since probably 03. I cannot speak to southeast as I'm not there very often, but any charter between Cordova and Dutch harbor next year should be a good one.
Good to hear!!!
Silvers out of Seward was some of the most fun I have ever had with a rod, fish literally trying to grab the hoochie out of each others' mouths and going nuts! Just a crazy and wild time after a morning of awesome halibut and rock fish jigging.

I've fished all over Alaska from Cordova to Ketchikan, Petersburg, Whale pass, Coffman Cove and Thorne Bay.
My Favorite was Icy Straits in the Juneau are, Elfin Cove has some great fishing um assuming you want guided my group always does the non- guided.
P.M me if you want some non- guided info.
If I was strictly wanting Salmon fishing Kent Anderson runs a fly in camp on the Nushagak River out of Bristol Bay can be phenomenal.