Alaska: Bear / Sheep Tags?

redneckclimbing

I was wondering if someone could answer some of my questions about the guide regulations for AK, when hunting Brown Bear, Dahl, and Stone Sheep.

My brother moved to AK about a year and a half ago and just got his residency officially about a month ago. What I was wondering is can he now be my guide for a Brown Bear / Dahl / Stone Sheep hunt. He lives in Kenai now, so I thought a big coastal Brown would be pretty cool, as well as logistically possible! Are there any areas that are over the counter? If not how long does it usually take to draw?

I had the same questions about the sheep. I would like to take advantage of the situation while it's available, (and go hunting with my brother), if it is at all possible. Long odds, smal planes, and huge bears don't scare us!:D So if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Travis

The law says "second kindred, and specifically says brother. The relative brother must be 19 years old, a resident, have a valid hunting license and must remain within 100 yards of the non-resident while hunting.

Based on the info you provided, I think you're good to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.