Alamo Precision Rifles

Bumping this back up...I've seen quite a few reviews online and pretty much everything said is positive. Would love to hear from someone on here! For $1,475 or $1,550, it sure seems like a heck of a deal.

they built me a rifle and as soon as my FFL received it; i had them sell it.

great guys, always responsive to phone calls. BUT, they were 8-10?+ months late after a drop dead promise date. in the end, they couldn't/wouldn't get the stock dipped in the camo pattern i wanted (supposedly they couldn't find anyone competent to do it??) and the paint job they did was sub par, in my opinion. the cerakote also looked nothing like we discussed...lastly, the stock was very blah, again not what i was expecting. the last problem was i bought a set of rings rings/bases from them, which they forgot to install/ship with the rifle...they mailed me the rings for a SA when they knew i had a LA..

again, great guys and i'm sure they do awesome work..i just had a bad experience with them (which i will admit is probably not the norm) but it has certainly made me think twice about every going that route again..

I live about 30 min from APR-- they've worked on 2 rifles (restocking/bedding) for me and built 1 other (custom from the ground up 22/250AI). Everything I've had turned out great both in the looks department and shot even better.

I have nothing but great things to say about them. I know there were some delays because of backlogs on the Curtis Custom actions that they used for some builds.

The guys in the shop and the owners are very knowledgable and I spent quite some time with them picking their brains. Give them a ring for sure if you're in the market.

I heard they had some problems with the Chase Axiom actions and parted ways with them. APR is now using their own 700 cloned action. Looks great. I would not hesitate to get a rifle from them.

I heard they had some problems with the Chase Axiom actions and parted ways with them. APR is now using their own 700 cloned action. Looks great. I would not hesitate to get a rifle from them.

They haven't had any issues with the Curtis Axiom action, other than they couldn't get enough of them fast enough, to complete all the builds they took deposits for. They needed a cheaper alternative to the Axiom, so they started using the T L Tecnologies receiver. They "private labeled" that receiver for their cheaper builds. They still take deliveries of Axioms when they can get them, and use them on the upgraded builds. They have not "parted ways" with Curtis.

That might be true. I insisted they use an AXIOM action, but they wouldn't..I'm sure the defiance was just as goo..

They most likely wouldn't use it because they couldn't wait any longer to get it.

IMG_1920.JPG
They have absolutely no idea of the TRUTH.. They jerked me around for almost 2 years
They had a $3,000.00 deposit and told me lie after lie..I saved all the emails and sent emails (with no response.) It was always the classic "Other Guys Fault"...Cant get a chassis..Action is late..No one to dip it...You know the drill.. After reminding them that taking 3000 bucks and not fulfilling the contract is a Felony in Texas I got my rifle.
It's nice but I have a bad taste for ALAMO. I will NEVER buy another!!!!
I told them Lone Peak Fuzion action and did at least get that.
Mine was over 4 grand I would watch those ready to sell ones? They did throw in some free up-grades to the MPA chassis. BUT I missed 2 deer seasons with it based on what they told me.
But H&H are super cool!!!
https://hhprecisionrifles.com/

Last edited:
The Curtis Axiom is an outstanding action- I wish I had jumped on that train when I had a chance and they first rolled out. The demand has clearly exceeded the supply which generally means good things for the product.

KYCarl-- You just heard first hand in the post above yours that parts for custom rifles can be in limited supply depending on what you are ordering. There are 3 sides to every story, yours, theirs and the truth which is somewhere in the middle. I'll go ahead and call BS on your disgruntled side since you are tossing around garbage like "felony" theft. Contracts are civil issues, not criminal. They didn't take your money and keep it without providing a service or product, there was no crime so don't toss that term around along with someone's business when you don't know what you are talking about.

I got my 6.5 Creedmoor from them in May and have been extremely pleased with it. It has a Curtis action, Mueller barrel, and a Grayboe Terrain stock. My best group so far came in a .210" at 100, mainly because I don't have a place to go easily shoot farther than that. I just got my Athlon Ares BTR scope to replace the Millett scope I had on it and can't wait to get back to the range to sight it in and head to the ranch to stretch it's legs.

Here's a group with cheap Hornady Black 140gn ammo. This was the first group I shot with the rifle after 5 break in shots.

When you quote a date and fail to deliver by that date it's a lie plain and simple!
I have all the emails. Then another quoted date passes another lie..I have the emails.
DON'T QUOTE if you can't deliver!
I think they were using my deposit to finish rifles they had already spent the money for.
And needed more deposits to finish mine? But Heck send them all of your money you want.. I'll not send another dime!
They should have called me and told me the truth and offered my money back or
to keep waiting ...but MY choice! Not go months at a time and say nothing?
Their supply issues are not my problem!

Last edited:
When you quote a date and fail to deliver by that date it's a lie plain and simple!
I have all the emails. Then another quoted date passes another lie..I have the emails.
DON'T QUOTE if you can't deliver!
I think they were using my deposit to finish rifles they had already spent the money for.
And needed more deposits to finish mine? But Heck send them all of your money you want.. I'll not send another dime!
They should have called me and told me the truth and offered my money back or
to keep waiting ...but MY choice! Not go months at a time and say nothing?

That is why it is a quote... clearly you've never had custom work done on anything. And there is no way they were using your $3k to try and finish another rifle. But you've never been to the shop so how would you have any CLUE. If you've seen the size and scope of their operation you'd realize that isn't the case at all.

But there you go running your mouth about stuff you have no idea about, like Texas law...

And if I were them or anyone else I wouldn't take your money to do anything since you clearly are the type of person who is just unhappy and unreasonable about everything you do.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts