AI Rifle Opportunity - Someone please talk some sense into my head!

Well.....it happened:

After one sighter, next 3 shots did this:

(1cm grid lines, 102 metres from an uncomfortable position in a flattened nettle-bed).

I am rather pleased..
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ 05-22-2004: Message edited by: Brown Dog ]

Aficionado,

Funny you should say that, this was Lapua factory with 167 Scenars
smile.gif
!!

I've also got a tub of 140 ready for when I get through this factory stuff!
I'm going to try to duplicate the factory load as a starting point (in terms of powder weight and OAL to ogive) but substitute 165 ballistic tips (simply because I have lots of them!).

Are you shooting an AW as well?

Derek had a look at the AI biathlon sling. You are right, it is a 'must-have'. If I'm unable to 'acquire' one, I will be buying one. I was quoted £40.

Len no picture of the AI biathlon sling as yet. Basically, it is a pair of glorified rucksac straps that clip onto the sidemounting points on the foreend and butt of the AW. I don't think that they would work comfortably on rifles without side sling points.

is anyone framiliar with the british "MAD Minute"A WW1 term with the smle enfield a trained solder should be able to shoot 15 aimed shots at 300yds in 60 sec many could do 30 even 45, a german soilders account of an attack being repelled by machine gun fire,was an entire company was stopped cold, they assumed they were being fired at by a .303 maxim machine gun, when in reality it was about 10 rifleman with bolt action SMLE's goin nuts. i practice shooting with both hands on the trigger left and right,With my savage i can shoot all 3 of my 5 rd clips with mag changes in just over 30 sec, and these are aimed at 150yds now its not as impressive than at 300, but on the range i use if you want to shoot farther you cant put more than one round in a mag at a time, because its kinda in the middle of a nieghborhood. i am right handed, but also ambidexterous. i prefer to shoot a right handed rifle with my left on the trigger so i can work the bolt without lettting off the trigger and i can hold the rifle on target. scince i use a bipod i do kinda have a free hand, i suggest everyone try this. because you dont always have a good position and or a long time to make the shot, and if i do miss i can put another one on target before the varmit even reacts to the report of the first shot, now 15 shots in about 35 sec doesnt sound impressive but i always screw up the mag change so i timed one clip 5 rds in 6.788 sec so if i had a 15rd clip i could let em all fly in 20.264 sec thats fast and they all find there target. now i cant hold 1 moa its more like 3-4 in groups but that still means death :D gun)and if you can do this left or right handed wapons will all be your friend

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.