Aguila .22 Supermaximum

I have shot a few boxes of it, i didn't get the chance to do any groupings but it hit everything i was aiming at, one word of caution is the cases every now and then split in my lakefield mk2 and marlin model 60. I was hitting cans at 125 without a problem

Tysn,
Thanks for posting your experience with this round. A google search came up with mixed reviews. I may have to give them a shot :D. Pun intended
BBgun)

Shot 5 or 6 different brands/types of 22LR in an old Winchester 74 semi-auto yesterday. One of them was the Aguila super maximum. Have an 18 power scope on the rifle that Winchester ceased making in 1947. Hardly a match rifle, LOL, but it is decently accurate and seldom jams. I was shooting 6 shot groups at a 50 yd target. The Super Maximum put only one shot in my 1/2" dot on target, rest of shots were scattered around the dot producing around a 1-1 1/2" group. My old rifle loves the CCI Blazer 22 ammo. Chuckle, the Blazer was pretty close in accuracy to the Remington/Eley target ammo I shot that day.

P.S., tried the Aguila Super Max in my very old BSA Martini model 12 target rifle too. It has a micrometer peep sight and I let a fellow shooter, that is a great shot, try his hand with it at a two hundred yard target. I'd already set the sight for shooting at clay pidgeons on our 200 yard berm. Eight shots later with it, perhaps using match Wolf ammo, he'd put all of them in an 8 inch pie plate at 200 yds,. He shot around a 5" or so group and then spent awhile trying to buy rifle from me. Anyway, the super max wasn't very accurate in this rifle too when I've tried it at much shorter distances.

That model 12 sounds like a lot of fun!
I shoot a Marlin 880 with a Bushnell 3-9x40. Not a target rifle either but it's a squirrel's worst nightmare! Lol!
Thanks Guys :D
BBgun)

Got my first brick of them a couple of days ago from midway. Haven't fired any as of yet, but hope to maybe within the next week or so. I currently have other things going on, but I WILL post my results, once I do get a chance to shoot a few of them..

I know this is an older thread but thought I'd put in my .02 on the super maximum.
I have used them and they definitely put a little muzzle rise on a 10/22. The accuracy is acceptable and they don't have nearly as much drop off as bulk pack ammo at 100 yards. The only down side I have noticed is the lube they use (beeswax?) will accumulate in the action necessitating a good cleaning after a hundred rounds or so. Definitely a hot little round.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.