AGS Annealer?

I really want the bench source, but the price means I have to pay a luxury tax when it comes in, here this luxury item tax is 110%.
I simply cannot pay that.

Cheers.
P.S. Australia, where taxes are taxed!
Maybe call the manufacturer and purchase individual "replacement" parts?

I purchased the Annealeez unit about 8 months ago. Just yesterday I annealed 100 cases. I timed the process at just under12 minutes. With about 5 minutes of setup that included connecting the propane bottle and adjusting the flame and cycle rate. My average rate was 7 seconds per case. Unless you want to pay for the top of the line and go with the AMP, then I don't think you can go wrong with this unit. Loading up the hopper to 50 plus cases is easy, and you can load more as the cases drop from the flame to the provided catch tray. Watch the video on the website and you will see just how easy it is.

I have the Australian made version of that style now.
The set-up time between cases is what I am trying to make faster.
I go from 222 cases, 22-250, 6.5x47, '06based cases, belted mag cases of differing lengths, RUM cases right up to Lapua/416 Rigby cases.
This AGS is simply remove or drop in inserts and raise or lower the torch and move it in or out.
I'm already $450AUD into the annealer I have, it works, but is too slow for the volume I do.

Cheers.

is that a can of acetone on the same tabletop as his annealer? pause the video at 7:17
The one I saw is only 7:16 in length. Doesn't matter - his surface is a flammable U-haul bumper-pad blanket. I guess the acetone is just the guarantee that if shizzle goes south, it does so on afterburner.

I don't own one but I think there is some good info in this video.
The shims he made to hold the flame height and his fix for longer cases could be useful information for you.

Tempi in South Plainfield, NJ makes a Tempstik Test Kit.
Like a crayon marker. A 700 degree marker would help set the timer.

I have the Australian made version of that style now.
The set-up time between cases is what I am trying to make faster.
I go from 222 cases, 22-250, 6.5x47, '06based cases, belted mag cases of differing lengths, RUM cases right up to Lapua/416 Rigby cases.
This AGS is simply remove or drop in inserts and raise or lower the torch and move it in or out.
I'm already $450AUD into the annealer I have, it works, but is too slow for the volume I do.

Cheers.
I understand. Would you consider putting out the extra cash and purchasing the AMP? If you had another reloading mate, then you could share the cost of one machine. I'm really happy with what I have but tempted to go out and buy the AMP so I can be everyone's friend.

The one I saw is only 7:16 in length. Doesn't matter - his surface is a flammable U-haul bumper-pad blanket. I guess the acetone is just the guarantee that if shizzle goes south, it does so on afterburner.
correct, my mistake, looks like it's at about 3:15 or so into it

I bought the EP Innovations the other day. A few friends have it and super easy to setup with excellent results and only $280 delivered. Looking forward to getting it. Good luck to the OP with your new tool.
I like mine. I don't know, if you have to anneal 100's of pieces at one time, if it is the best choice. In my case, it is a great choice at a good price since I do 100-200 pieces (rifle) whenever I have accummulated them.

AGS is well built and the company that makes them in Russia is spot on I ordered mine and had it in 10 day works great much better than any of the upright ones they build. I have annealed 6.5 creedmoor to 300 win mag.

Don't know what your luxury tax is when buying from your neighbor in New Zealand, but the AMP annealer is the best out there in my humble opinion.
Go together with a few friends, and your cost is less that the propane units.
But the big payoff is what most people anneal for, consistency.. Nothing out there comes close to the AMP for consistency, repeatability, set up and run time.
I run 5 different cartridges. set up is about a minute. cycle time is 6-10 seconds, depending on cartridge. Seating pressure is extremely consistent.
FYI

G'day all,
Looking at upgrading my annealer, the current one I have is a bit slow for the quantity I am now annealing. Have looked at a few, the Bench Source is what I wanted, but found this AGS unit.
Is anyone here using one?
The only difference I can see is the heating plate on this unit takes inserts of different diameters for larger or smaller cartridges.
It may be faster than my setup now, not sure though.

Cheers.
G'day MM.
Where did you order your AGS from and how much did it set you back.
I am looking at upgrading from a drill and blow torch.
Thanks for the help mate.

Have zero interest in the AMP. It does a single case at a time and doesn't have a hopper.
Whether it's a flame, conduction or induction, heat and time are the same.
Flame is 6-8 seconds, I used to do this by hand as a job, annealing all different materials for electrical windings for furnaces.
The AMP is no different, heats to a specific temp for a specific time….it has to be tested to get the correct result.
Anyway, the Anealez, AGS, EP and myriad of others are simply the same setup.
I really want a turnstile style as I can load it up and do other things at the same time.

@Steve biden,
I ordered mine direct from the AGS website.

Cheers.