AG Composites Visigoth input

KMLampson

Anyone have experience with this specific model? If so, how do they like it? Looking for a lightweight stock to pack with. I mainly use McMillans on most of my rifles, but the AG Visigoth intrigues me. I've looked at the Alpine Hunter, but wanted to shave off a little weight.

They are a good feeling stock. My buddy did one on a 300 prc build and I have shot it pretty extensively. It's not the ideal prone stock, the Alpine hunter is better for shooting prone for sure. But I certainly don't mind it. He wanted an all around carry rifle for everything from 50 yards to whatever he feels comfortable with and it's a great stock for that.

Anyone else who has tried both? Reviving this thread as I am also torn between the Alpine Hunter and the Visigoth.

Yes, a very tough call. I ended up with both the Alpine Hunter and Visigoth stocks for different rifles. For shooting prone I like the Alpine Hunter a little better, but the Visigoth is a great "do all" stock. I actually purchased a 2nd Visigoth for a SAUM build, but I may end up selling the stock and using the action for a build for my wife instead. What action and cartridge are you considering using the stock for?

Yes, a very tough call. I ended up with both the Alpine Hunter and Visigoth stocks for different rifles. For shooting prone I like the Alpine Hunter a little better, but the Visigoth is a great "do all" stock. I actually purchased a 2nd Visigoth for a SAUM build, but I may end up selling the stock and using the action for a build for my wife instead. What action and cartridge are you considering using the stock for?
Thanks for the response, I'm having a 300 Win built on a Terminus Kratos Lite. 26" proof Sendero, goal is to be a light-ish hunting rifle that can take a bit longer poke in case I see a reluctant moose at 800 on the last day of the season. I typically shoot off the bench or prone at the range and from a variety of positions while hunting. Off the roof of my side by side, off trigger sticks, prone on rocks, or standing resting against spruce. I was leaning toward the alpine hunter because I have read that the comb/bore alignment will help control muzzle rise and I'd like that a lot for spotting longer range shots. I am not trying to build anything crazy light (already have a 5.5lb 6.5 PRC) so the few ounces of the alpine hunter vs Visigoth don't concern me too much.

Anyone have experience with this specific model? If so, how do they like it? Looking for a lightweight stock to pack with. I mainly use McMillans on most of my rifles, but the AG Visigoth intrigues me. I've looked at the Alpine Hunter, but wanted to shave off a little weight.
I know this is an old thread, but just curious, did you end up building on the Visigoth? If so, how do you like it?