Aftermarket Firing Pins

Darrel Holland makes a good one , its all steel and has been scaloped to drop weight this plus the higherpower spring makes for faster lock times.

Greg Tannel makes a pin and spring kit his pin is aluminum with a steel tip with a heaver spring , (I like this one the best) their is also a replacement bolt shroud kit he sells that is the complete pin spring and an new upgraded aluminum shroud , I don't think this kit comes with the light weight pin though.

David Tubbs also makes a pin and spring kit through "speed lock"

Wolff springs also makes heavier springs for the Rem 700's

i would put a heavier spring in it, 26-28 lbs, but i would not go with a lighter pin. i just went through this and heard from a very reliable source that the lighter pins are not the way to go. heard about several 1k shooters that had their groups open up with only this change to their gun and upon changing back, the groups tightened also. i can tell you it's not a very popular alteration with the 1k crowd.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.