After market stock for savge model 11 with bottom bolt release

SamuelBerryhill308

It I've posted this in wrong spot please move to correct one.
I'm looking to up grade from my factory stock on my savage model 11 vt with heavy barrel and bottom bolt release its chamber in 308 and is a good shooting rifle but the stock touches the barrel at times and opens up my groups and I'm not sure what all company's make stocks for this rifle only one I know of is bell and carlson in the m40 model and would like a stock with a rounded forend if any one knows of a stock that fits thes please let me know thanks

I got it out and looked at it more im sure the barrel channel could be open up more but it would take alot to completely eliminate the barrel from touching i thank i may try agra glass in the forend and see how it works i know it works some with ruger american stocks and those factory stocks from my experience is a complete joke

Is the inletting "off" so that it pushes unevenly to one side? Is there enough slop in the action inletting to bed the action with a few wraps of tape around the barrel to "center" the barrel in the barrel channel of the stock during the process?

Is the inletting "off" so that it pushes unevenly to one side? Is there enough slop in the action inletting to bed the action with a few wraps of tape around the barrel to "center" the barrel in the barrel channel of the stock during the process?
Th action and barrel is center in the stock i thank i might try and bed it i will take the action out the stock and look at how much clearance there is in the action area as well i just wasn't sure how many have tryed to bed a polymer stock?

It will fit in an HS precision. It will probably require some sanding to get the bottom metal to fit and there will be a slight gap where the top bolt release would normally be, but they fit just fine.

It will fit in an HS precision. It will probably require some sanding to get the bottom metal to fit and there will be a slight gap where the top bolt release would normally be, but they fit just fine.
Which model HS Precision stock would fit? Thats whatbi would rather have

I have HS Precision M24 Tactical stocks on all mine. One is a target action with top release, one is long action bottom release, the other is short action bottom release. With the bottom release the factory trigger guard is slightly wider than the top release style so take your time with some sandpaper to get a good fit or you will chip the finish. You should be able to get proper fitment in 5 minutes with coarse sandpaper, it doesn't take much. If you are running AICS style bottom metal it might require a little extra sanding (my Accurate-Mag BM was too tight) but you should still be able to get there with just some coarse sandpaper.

Was looking at the hs m24 aswell or the B&C targeted. It will show if it fits bottom bolt release. HS has a drop down for which bolt release you have
I bought ones that said they wouldn't fit bottom release and they fit with minor sanding. I've done it for three different bottom release rifles (long and short action) if I include my stepdad's rifle.

The Savages can be a PITA. If your mag well is molded into the stock and your magazine uses a plastic clip that is part of the detachable box mag like the model 11/111 trophy hunter xp's, you not only need the stock, but you need to call savage and order a metal mag well, a metal magazine bottom, and it is a good idea to get the metal trigger guard as well, around $150 shipped.

We have restocked a couple, one with a boyds and one with a McMillan A3. The boyds was a drop in fit with the replacement bottom metal, I of course pillar bedded it. The McMillan was also a drop in fit, fantastic service from them too, we just called them and explained everything and they did a great job communicating to make sure everything was perfect.

20170321_172721.jpg

The Savages can be a PITA. If your mag well is molded into the stock and your magazine uses a plastic clip that is part of the detachable box mag like the model 11/111 trophy hunter xp's, you not only need the stock, but you need to call savage and order a metal mag well, a metal magazine bottom, and it is a good idea to get the metal trigger guard as well, around $150 shipped.

We have restocked a couple, one with a boyds and one with a McMillan A3. The boyds was a drop in fit with the replacement bottom metal, I of course pillar bedded it. The McMillan was also a drop in fit, fantastic service from them too, we just called them and explained everything and they did a great job communicating to make sure everything was perfect.

View attachment 255471
Sam, if you have to replace the plastic mag well with metal then hit me up as I have an extra short action Savage DBM bottom metal that I will sell you.