African Big Game Vital Area Measurements

RRobertson9

Hello,

I was looking to see if anyone knew the measurements of some popular African big game's vital areas. For instance, what would be the diameter in inches of a cape buffalo that you would have to hit to bring it down? I was wondering the same thing for a wildebeest and kudu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Africahuntin.com. They have animals with the vitals mapped out. If that doesn't answer. Your question then ask on their forums. Nice folks that will help you out. Bruce

There is a book out with kill zones very helpful for bow. And there zones are farther forward than animals here typically. There blood also clots much faster something to do with all the preditors I was told,the fine sand that they lay in helps them clot fast. Most shots broad side are just off point of shoulder even with bow. The cape buffalo ribs are a solid 1/2 '' thick and not much space between them.

Perfect Shot Shot Placement For African Big Game by Kevin Robertson (Author)

(Related ?) Try Amazon. Also Robertson has a companion pocket book that you can carry with you on the hunt in the bush for quick reference. You might be hunting one species, and find yourself starring at a possible record book of another species, so your mind may not be focused on the kill zone for what is in front of you. Pull the pocket book out and get aa 2 second refresher.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.