Africa

Thank you for your help. So how will the weather be like in September in Africa? and is it true that I don't have to worry about Mosquitoes carrying malaria in that particular area of South Africa? and it would be cool to meet some locals in the area who would like to have some Jackels and Baboons culled for free! Lol
Think March Weather up here, they are six months off.

I keep wishing I could load up the dogs in May and go spend "the summer" in SA with my clients down there since they are going into fall/winter.

September is the beginning of spring so the weather should be in the high 20's ( celsius) so warm and the rain season starts in oktober and the bush is full of life. You are safe from malaria. If you were heading to the northen lowfeld or Mozambique malaria could post a thread.
I live about an hours drive from the airport in Johannesburg in a southern direction oudside of the town Vanderbijlpark and know a few guys were I hunt jackal close to my house. We call them like your coytes and they respond very well. Most of the shooting for them is done at knight and anything from 1 to 20+ can shot.
I am not allowed to guide or charge you money for a hunt on them but I can invite you to go hunting as a friend with me. As I am not a PH or a profesionel the law is quite strict about hunting with clients.
But as I said, if your stay allows I am more then willing to invite you on a hunt for them. Plus there is 2 spare rooms in my house.

Thanks guys for all the tips and information. Jurgens that would be really cool if the trip allows. I guess I will have to see how it all works out because I have never been so I'm not sure if we spend the majority of the time hunting or what Lol I would imagine so flying that far I'm sure we will log in quite a bit of time in the bush! How exciting I can't wait :D

I am sure you will enjoy it here. I have never hunted any were als but SA and every trip is awsome. If all goes well I will be hunting in Mozambique next year for a Sable and a Buffelo but that still in the invent part of the arangements.m

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.