Affordable bore scope suggestions

I also have a Teslong but have ye to use it.

Teslong borescope 1 of 2.jpg

Teslong borescope 2 of 2.jpg

Last edited:
I am considered a little "tight". I want value for my money. I don't like Chinese gimmicks and junk.
I ended up buying two Teslong and two more as Christmas gifts for others. Wireless and the laptop usb versions both for me. USB version is always ready to go with no dead battery and maybe just a little clearer pics but have to deal with cord. I keep them hanging from my cleaning rod rack so the fiber optic section stays straight with no bends or strains as noted above by an cdherman. If you get one, get it out of the soft case and never coil it up tight. The company replaced one for me, no questions asked. Customer service was good. The factory case was to small causing to tight coils breaking fiber optics. It is truly an eye opener for validating your barrel cleaning regimen and chemicals.

If you are very OCD, you might want to walk away. Ignorance is bliss.

Been seeing A LOT of YT videos on guys using affordable bore scopes to inspect and evaluate their rifle barrels for fouling to help determine how clean they are as well as for damage. As I am going to start shooting in my rifle clubs 22lr PR group my research has discovered owning a bore scope to evaluate lead and carbon fouling is a extremely useful tool to have.

But I know very little beyond that prices for firearm suitable bore scopes can vary from around $100 to as much as $700 and I absolutely can not possibly afford much over $150 and would like to avoid wasting my very hard earned $$$ on a ineffective bore scope. Keep in mind any affordable bore scope recommendations must be for ones that can fit in a 22lr barrel.

I have seen multiple YT videos of guys reviewing bore scopes but would place a high value on any opinions of bore scopes from members here.
I've had a Lyman for a few years and it has suited me just fine. AnHawkeye is damm sure better but is it 800 bucks better for the average shooter?

Been seeing A LOT of YT videos on guys using affordable bore scopes to inspect and evaluate their rifle barrels for fouling to help determine how clean they are as well as for damage. As I am going to start shooting in my rifle clubs 22lr PR group my research has discovered owning a bore scope to evaluate lead and carbon fouling is a extremely useful tool to have.

But I know very little beyond that prices for firearm suitable bore scopes can vary from around $100 to as much as $700 and I absolutely can not possibly afford much over $150 and would like to avoid wasting my very hard earned $$$ on a ineffective bore scope. Keep in mind any affordable bore scope recommendations must be for ones that can fit in a 22lr barrel.

I have seen multiple YT videos of guys reviewing bore scopes but would place a high value on any opinions of bore scopes from members here.
Well..the first 4 responses were Teslong. Do we need to continue? I think not.

I LOVE THIS WS
Thanks to all
Teslong it is then.
Greatest of thanks to all who so generously and graciously helped me out by sharing their knowledge.
One additional favor
For those who are quite knowledgeable about scope rings I have a question posted in the optics forum I need some help in the form of info
I am pretty certain I know the answer but would like an opinion from more a experienced source

First, mine is Teslong wireless bendable. But the comment made above about OCD is very real.

Guns that shot like lasers I now see all sorts of goofy stuff in, from tooling marks to corrosion in a beautiful stainless target barrel for an AR from a big precision shop. I didn't know it was corrosion so I wrote the company I bought it from and that is what they told me. They went on to say it was not from incorrect storage, bad chemicals or misuse but for some reason some stainless barrels did this. Still shoots lights out, 1/2MOA and better but sometimes my head tells me it shouldn't.

JB