Affordable bore scope suggestions

DartonJager

Been seeing A LOT of YT videos on guys using affordable bore scopes to inspect and evaluate their rifle barrels for fouling to help determine how clean they are as well as for damage. As I am going to start shooting in my rifle clubs 22lr PR group my research has discovered owning a bore scope to evaluate lead and carbon fouling is a extremely useful tool to have.

But I know very little beyond that prices for firearm suitable bore scopes can vary from around $100 to as much as $700 and I absolutely can not possibly afford much over $150 and would like to avoid wasting my very hard earned $$$ on a ineffective bore scope. Keep in mind any affordable bore scope recommendations must be for ones that can fit in a 22lr barrel.

I have seen multiple YT videos of guys reviewing bore scopes but would place a high value on any opinions of bore scopes from members here.

Been seeing A LOT of YT videos on guys using affordable bore scopes to inspect and evaluate their rifle barrels for fouling to help determine how clean they are as well as for damage. As I am going to start shooting in my rifle clubs 22lr PR group my research has discovered owning a bore scope to evaluate lead and carbon fouling is a extremely useful tool to have.

But I know very little beyond that prices for firearm suitable bore scopes can vary from around $100 to as much as $700 and I absolutely can not possibly afford much over $150 and would like to avoid wasting my very hard earned $$$ on a ineffective bore scope. Keep in mind any affordable bore scope recommendations must be for ones that can fit in a 22lr barrel.

I have seen multiple YT videos of guys reviewing bore scopes but would place a high value on any opinions of bore scopes from members here.
Teslong

Teslong also.

Attachments

• Photo_5.jpg
    Photo_5.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 143
How many more recs for Teslong do you need? Here's another. DO NOT BEND THE FIBER PART TO MUCH. Its actually a cheep fiber optic scope (the very very best scope are also fiber optic, and put the camera outside of the end of the scope, thus allowing a smaller diameter at the end of the scope). But its cheap and thin jacket. So you can bend it such that you will start to break the glass fibers.

However, I keep mine hanging from its USB cable, so the fiber part is always straight. No degredation in a year or so. WELL worth the $$

Recent Posts