Aerodynamic jump

Huntnful

Is a simple solution for knowing the vertical dispersion from aerodynamic jump? Like 10 mph crosswind coming from right to left at 1000 yards yields (.X mil or MOA) in vertical rise?

No there is no simple solution. It incorporates multiple variables to determine its value.

Your best bet is to use a ballistics solver that accounts for it. Its usually one of the smaller deviations on target.
Thank you for the response Bushman!!

From my research it seems one very important factor is zeroing the rifle in zero wind first and foremost so you don't introduce a vertical deviation in the actual zero. And then potentially .1 mi deviation at 1000 yards with a 90 degree cross wind.

Simple enough for me. Thank you 🤘🏼
As someone else said, it's better to just not worry about it or let the calculator do it.

I only mentioned the solution because you mentioned no wind zero, which is the correct way to set up for ELR. If you zero in wind, then you essentially zero out AJ, and there's no reason to calculate it, and you simply turn it off on AB.

As someone else said, it's better to just not worry about it or let the calculator do it.

I only mentioned the solution because you mentioned no wind zero, which is the correct way to set up for ELR. If you zero in wind, then you essentially zero out AJ, and there's no reason to calculate it, and you simply turn it off on AB.
For sure! Makes sense to me.

I ran into an issue with my impacts hitting high in some scenarios, after validating data. And I think I can only attribute it to doing my zero with a left cross wind. Essentially making me zero .1 higher than it really should have been, and then in the field the wind was coming from the right, pushing me another .1 high. It's the only thing I can attribute it to. So I was definitely curious about it. I just wanted to be more conscious and understanding of it going into this season is all

Recent Posts